Whats the point in Mundo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmPriS

10-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden2002 View Post
You're insane. The cleaver is awesome late game. Especially against a tank. Saying Mundo doesn't have a presence is like saying Yi doesn't have a presence. If you suck, then you aren't noticeable, if you are smart though, you smash faces in. Mundo is a great hero early game. He has crazy good ganking ability at sub level 6. He doesn't really slow down either. I find him to be particularly brutal at end game.

To everyone that says burning agony is terrible, you do realize it's 2.5 sunfire capes, right? It's a very good DPS boost. It'd be nice if it scaled with attack power, but i think mundo would go into the too powerful category rather quickly from that. I think that the nicest thing would be to take the cooldown off of it. then you could throw it on for the CC reduction when you need it and turn it off afterwards.
Because tanks are the ones that are going to do lethal damage to you and not the carry's hiding behind them. The tank simply uses his stun, CC, and tries his best to disrupt so the damage dealers will be able to kill you.

Yi deals actual damage and avoids snares while his ultimate is up.

2.5 sunfires also don't deal half that damage to you and they have more area of effect range.

You don't know wtf you are talking about, please stay off the forums.

AI Assimilator

10-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatroxx View Post
OK, everybody I have ever seen talk about Mundo raves about his cleaver. The usefull part of the cleaver ability is its slow, try running away when you are missing 40% of your move speed, it doesn't happen. Lets say that your cleaver is maxed out and you are fighting a Chogath with 6k life. One cleaver shot takes out 1500 life right? Wrong. it takes out 1500 - 80% because Chogath has mad armor. Your ultra-awesome cleaver attack just did 300 damage.

That freaking sucks.

If the cleaver did less damage but made it be something like true damage it would be usefull in more circumstances than chasing somebody down, but other than that its pretty much a waste of time other than one point for the slow.
Unless it was changed in the most recent patch. Cleaver never actually does % damage to players (it does to npc's).

EchoRex

10-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatroxx View Post
OK, everybody I have ever seen talk about Mundo raves about his cleaver. The usefull part of the cleaver ability is its slow, try running away when you are missing 40% of your move speed, it doesn't happen. Lets say that your cleaver is maxed out and you are fighting a Chogath with 6k life. One cleaver shot takes out 1500 life right? Wrong. it takes out 1500 - 80% because Chogath has mad armor. Your ultra-awesome cleaver attack just did 300 damage.

That freaking sucks.

If the cleaver did less damage but made it be something like true damage it would be usefull in more circumstances than chasing somebody down, but other than that its pretty much a waste of time other than one point for the slow.
It doesn't do physical damage. True damage would be nice, but would be make Mundo need a ridiculous rebalance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Assimilator View Post
Unless it was changed in the most recent patch. Cleaver never actually does % damage to players (it does to npc's).
It does % based damage, it is just reduced by magic defense iirc.

AI Assimilator

10-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
It does % based damage, it is just reduced by magic defense iirc.
Have used it on players with over 2.5k hp and no mr items and it doesnt hit them for ~480 damage (damage after base mr). If its been changed recently then thats different.