How to play against Vladimir?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BackDoorer

01-12-2011

yeah thats true, but i always think it's a bit uber to just troll them by using transfusion >.>

ironblades

01-12-2011

The biggest mistake i see when some one is playing against vlad is over commititng pre level 7. Vlad is at 1/4 health, and they try and burst him down. What happens is Tower hits them 1 once that didn't hurt to bad and stay under the tower. Vlad procceeds to Pool, he is now 1-2 hits away from dying, but durring that time you have taken another 1-2 tower hits. You are now at 1/4 health but vlad is so low you can taste the vlad puding. hes pool is done he hits q and flashes towards his base. your hit lands but he his q saved him. Then your proceeded to die from the tower. Vlad procceeds to troll. Then a QQ thread apears,

Amazing 1-7 heavy hurras does ammaszing, at level 1 q heals for ~40 thats 1 auto attack. And it has a 9 SEC cd. you hit him 2x you already done more damage. then he can heal for. This continues all the way till 7 where the Q's CD is down to about 4 sec then Vlad starts dominaiting the lane

Lairai

01-12-2011

You out-harass him early game, there are many champs that can do this, Anivia and Sivir being two of them (they get banned more often than Vlad does, which I find funny).

You gank with CC. Silence, Stun, burst, gg for him. Of course, this relies on the hope that your team is good (only a maybe in solo queue).

Late game, you just burst him down, He can't really do much. He's not that OP, just annoying during early-mid. If you have a competent team (which naturally has a jungler, he should not be much of a problem).

Call Mee Maybee

01-13-2011

LoL at Ashe being a Vlad stopper..

For real though the best ways to stop Vlad are:

(1) shut him down early (he is garbage pre 7 b/c his cooldowns are really high and he needs lots of $$$)
(2) bait him into pooling early. Some Vlads initiate with pool (idiots) and most can be easily baited into pooling. Once he pools he has absolutely no escape mechanism and is not too hard to kill. Obviously, dont try this by yourself unless you are one of the few characters that can solo vlad late game (prob dps with lifesteal). (early game almost every champ can solo Vlad).

FuzzyStarburst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-13-2011

I play against Vlad defensively. He's easy to outfarm for most champions. It is absolutely essential you don't get over aggressive with him though, unless you REALLY know your stuff, in which case you wouldn't be checking this thread for tips. Just go for your harasses to keep him on his toes, and try to outfarm him, whether that means farming alot for yourself, or stopping him from farming. I suggest the second option.

laib laus

02-11-2011

I say all you need is a good ranged dps in mid.
That pretty much stops me from harrassing the enemy mid when I am mid since they can just normal hit me and do some nice damage. Consider ganking him more often than usual and his Transfusion spell doesn't really have a big range so take advantage of that. I've played Vladimir countless times and almost always is outranged by the oppenent mid( depending on what champ). He can't really do anything until lvl 6 and 9 when he can get his ult to finish you off, or to be able to maximize his spamming ability into a harrasing frenzy, so just ask your teammates nicely to gank him more that often since he is a pretty strong caster.

DFxVemosStriker

02-11-2011

All I know is: lvl 6+ Akali + exhaust + ignite +(doesnt matter)Sheen = Dead or Running like mad Vlad

laib laus

02-12-2011

I guess Akali is a good champion to play against Vladimir. She has so much burst Vladimir will have to pop in Sanguine Pool, only to be killed by Akali's Shadow Dances.

OutlawStarx2

02-12-2011

Have you tried Auto attacking?