Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to play against Vladimir?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zzbzq

01-11-2011

Morg and cho'gath are the best to lane against him. Tristana is okay until like level 10.

JohnCataldo

01-11-2011

The best way to deal with a solo-lane Vlad is to disrupt and gank him very early.

Vlad at level 7 or 9 is one of the best laners in the game. Vlad at level 1-3 is pretty terrible. Kill him early and often. Usually it's wrong to wait for a jungler to hit level 6 (for instance) before trying to gank Vlad.

Otherwise, there's just a lot of skill and knowledge involved. Knowing Vlad's cooldowns, figuring out if you can force him to pool so it's down when you try to gank (which obviously just doesn't work against highly skilled Vlads). Figuring out the pattern of enemy Vlads is key to handling him in the lane. You should be able to guess when he's coming to sip your blood, and in what situations he's likely to use pool. You can't just try to trade blows with him (after level 5-7).

Burst is obviously good, but it's more important to coordinate real stuns to lock him when you try to gank so he can't flee.

Obviously magic resist is good. Go for Chalice this game instead of some other mana regen item, etc.

Senior Recruiter

01-11-2011

Usually when i go mid im sivir.... i just harass the **** out of ashe with my OP boomerang XD he doesnt stand a chance (nobody does).

Prometheius

01-11-2011

Crowd control. Silence, Stun, Snare, Root, whatever. As long as you have something that can stop him and some ranged attacks, you're good to go. Don't be afraid of his transfusion before lvl 7. Give him as good as you get. You'll deal far more damage than he sends back at you, while out-pacing his heal.

If you have a slow, use it before he pools. If you have other CC, use it after or initiate with it. You need burst damage to really take him out. Don't stand in his pool either, because that's a guaranteed death for you if you try and chase him when he pops back up with transfusion.

OpticVein

01-12-2011

I play Vlad alot if you can keep from getting tranfusioned it makes it very hard for him to kill you seeings how he doesnt have a very good burst damage so attack him once he drains but be careful once he hits level 9 if hes like me he has drain maxed out (3 second cooldown) then laning against vlad is a bit more of a challenge but still the same concept he drains you focus him for a short second so basically harass vlad even though it will seem like a waste because of drain. Another thing sanguine has a very high cool down about 20 seconds at level one so focus him if he jumps into a fight with it. one last thing dont be afraid of hemoplauge (the blood pool he places on the ground) now yes of course dodge it if possible usually isnt but it has very low damage about 300+ maxed vlad has many flaws like cd at a low level hes one of those turn the tables later people so feed off him at a low level

Isenator

Recruiter

01-12-2011

I've actually found Tristana and Ezreal as viable opponents for him if you have armor pen.. Tristana because of her E skill.. and Ezreal.. if you repeatedly spam him with your q, you can keep up to him pretty easily.. If you're going AP built I'd suggest at least 1 point of Q anyway, but hitting him with W also racks up good dmg.. he's easy to keep at bay with ez's skills cuz they're pretty long range.

ekwag

01-12-2011

Honestly, I mainly use Kog'Maw and he kinda seems to be a weakness of Vlad's. Kog has huge range, so once i get my Madreds, I go and use void ooze a couple of times just slow him/ bother him, then use bio-arcane barrrage, and coupled with Madreds, it has huge range, and will do 10% of target's max health each hit. Not to mention my attack speed with kog is usually in the 2-2.5 range mid-late

Frosty716

01-12-2011

Vlad's early game is lack-luster. The cooldown on his pool is very long at level 1. Wait for him too pool, then make your move. Ignite him before you burst him down, so he won't be able to heal the damage you do to him.

Bekkal

01-12-2011

don't try to burst vlad down while laning, that is literally why they invented pool.

instead, whittle him down low (burst in a few times if you can safely), and when he starts draining anything he can on C/D to heal up, ignite/explosive shot/whatever him. nine times out of ten this will force him from lane, if it doesnt you just got a free kill, because sneezing on him will kill him at this point.

Late game, madreds owns a vlad who doesn't stack mr, as does any stun. otherwise, the goal is to just not let him sit in the middle of everyone for very long, and to spread out when his ult is up. His burst is negligible, it's all sustained dps (that gets more powerful the longer he can sustain it). If he commits, punish him til he backs out of Q range. Don't let him 1v1 you.

Honestly, I don't see why people have problems with vlad, ever. He's well-rounded, but nowhere near OP.

iSygg

01-12-2011

Kill him before level 10 or you lose is the best solution, be very aggressive until he has rank 3 q also it deals like nothing prior to rank 3.