How to play against Vladimir?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HostileZeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-08-2010

How to kill Vladimir?
It seems that his very overpowered. I dont know how to kill him, and how to survive transfusion every few seconds.
Please help.

Karalius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

you bend over

jokull

08-08-2010

kill him faster than he heals. also, gank

Sfyri Ithikos

08-08-2010

CC, heal reducing abilities and attack faster.

syNkal

08-08-2010

Very simple
I main ashe so mostly im mid and if there is a vlad on the other team he usually takes mid
His Q is very spammable @ no cost
everytime he heals on a minion i go for a volley + 2 pop shots on him and he pretty much lost twice of what he healed
when hes around 40-50% health i pull the minion wave towards me and enchant arrow him and he usually pools draining 20% more of his health and i just volley + frost shot and get him

Its very easy to zone him out also
Same tactic
Also dorans shield is what i start with the Hp regen is good

Hope i helped ^_^

biomorph

08-08-2010

The main thing I observed is that either you need good burst damage with not too long cool down or some CC.
With burst you attack him do your burst but remember to include his blood pool thing in your calculations. Usually force him to blood pool and then do your main burst.
With CC it's the same, harass harass wait for him to blood pool and then use your CC to your advantage.
If you got neither of above then just avoid him since he will just toy around with you and then tower dive you for a kill.
They key thing is that you go in and harass after he uses his transfusion on a minion and then step back. By forcing him to drain minions in stead of you you prevent him from getting an easy advantage.
The better cool down he has the harder it is of course, especially after lvl 9 where he can spam transfusion like mad.

Molerccoadh

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by syNkal View Post
Very simple
I main ashe so mostly im mid and if there is a vlad on the other team he usually takes mid
everytime he heals on a minion i go for a volley + 2 pop shots on him and he pretty much lost twice of what he healed
when hes around 40-50% health i pull the minion wave towards me and enchant arrow him and he usually pools draining 20% more of his health and i just volley + frost shot and get him

Same tactic

Hope i helped ^_^
That works well vs a stupid vlad. I LOVE to pwn Ashe's in the mid that thing they can take me on. It is SOOO easy to avoid volley and you never use Q on minions when there is a champ there you can use it on instead. Ya, you will hit me once every Q, but I hit you for much more and healed myself for some of the dmg you did to me... eventually I win. Once I get R it is game over for ashe, not even your tower will save you.

Karalius

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by syNkal View Post
Very simple

Same tactic

Hope i helped ^_^
now try playing agains a reasonable vlad.
volley cd is way too long to use it after "every drain"
good vlads will dodge ur R every single time and kill you every time you try to zone them out

Theres very little you can do against a good vlad, junglers cant even gank him effectively of his insane survivability skills.

Just have to either outfarm him by picking a very good farmer, or some really strong laner.

Jmmy86

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileZeth View Post
How to kill Vladimir?
It seems that his very overpowered. I dont know how to kill him, and how to survive transfusion every few seconds.
Please help.
Yea plz someone give a good answer. I also noticed every-time I have to fight against a vlad, we lose. I usually play side lanes as AP sion. The problems start near mid game and later when I have to face him.

I thought my self maybe of Deathfire Grasp, which could fit in my build or Executioner's Calling, which does not but there must be a way to win... right.. :P.

Has anyone good experience with this or an other solution?

corallein

01-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molerccoadh View Post
That works well vs a stupid vlad. I LOVE to pwn Ashe's in the mid that thing they can take me on. It is SOOO easy to avoid volley and you never use Q on minions when there is a champ there you can use it on instead. Ya, you will hit me once every Q, but I hit you for much more and healed myself for some of the dmg you did to me... eventually I win. Once I get R it is game over for ashe, not even your tower will save you.
Ashe has much longer range than Vlad. A good Ashe will always have an advantage over a good Vlad during the laning phase, and Volley + Ashe auto-attack > Transfusion (if you can even get the Transfusion off on Ashe).