Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Search for the Right Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irongrinder

08-08-2010

I've been playing League of Legends for about a week now. Love the game personally, but I'm finding it difficult to choose a hero to stick with and master. This leaves me with a list of my favorite heroes (many I have yet to purchase with IP) but no way to know if they're viable or masterable. If you could please provide an overview of their playstyle or masterful strategies with any of the champions listed below, I would be greatly appreciative.

The champions I'm interested in are:

-Veigar, the Tiny Master of Evil

-Olaf, the Beserker

-Malphite, Shard of the Monolith

-Gragas, the Rabble Rouser

-Blitzcrank, the Great Steam Golem

-Teemo, the Swift Scout

-Mordekaiser, the Master of Metal

These are the heroes I'm most interested in. Please limit yourselves to one hero per post. Thank you for your time.

--Irongrinder

xpsychedelico

08-08-2010

You will find most of your answers here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=194210 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=194210)

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

08-08-2010

Another option is to look at the guides where people share their take on how to play a particular champion. Link to comprehensive list: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=68225

Half of learning how to use/master a champion is just playing the game, and figuring out when do stuff.
Asking your teammates in prep is also a good option, yes sometimes you will get queue dodged, but other times people will be helpful on suggesting what you should do.

gosp

Recruiter

08-08-2010

-Veigar, the Tiny Master of Evil

Viable. Good as a counterpick to annie and other friendly casters,

-Olaf, the Beserker

Viable. He's half tank, half DPS. Usually you want to pair him up with another bulky person that has more CC. Buy Phage, Youmuu's, then Frozen Mallet. From there your build depends on what your team needs. Also: Jungle with him if you can. you might want to wait until 30 but it's totally the best way to start in the begining.

-Malphite, Shard of the Monolith

Tank / support. He's basically there to ult onto as many people as possible. He may be viable but he's certainly overshadowed by pretty much every tank.

-Gragas, the Rabble Rouser

Viable. AP or AD. Either build is effective. Can also work as a tank (it's almost always helpful to build extra tanky as Gragas). AP focuses on Q and E, AD focuses on E and W.

-Blitzcrank, the Great Steam Golem
Viable. Tank or Caster. by end game he basically entails sitting around in a bush waiting for you to grab someone. Make sure to get lichbane and zhonya's as a caster.

-Teemo, the Swift Scout
Viable but overshadowed. Support / DPS. Lay a lot of shrooms. I personally reccomend an AP/ Attack speed build. Start with Rage blade. Then Nashor's tooth. then either rylai's or frozen mallet. Lay lots and lots of shrooms and learn to kite people through them.

-Mordekaiser, the Master of Metal
Viable tank / tanky DPS. Force of nature, Sorc Shoes, three sunfire capes, and Rylai's. Always bring ignite. Getting your ghost is the most important part of the fight, after that, everyone else will fall.

Of all these champions, Gragas probably sees the most play in upper elos.