So I just came back from trying HoN...

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimensionist

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
I prefer HoN to LoL to be quite honest. I always have a kick out of seeing topics like this though.

The real sad fact of the matter is that HoN is a lot more skill-based than LoL. There's also a lot more depth to the game, hence the confusion.
This is your opinion. I'm sure both games have depth, LOL has a different kind of depth. LOL has plenty of depth and customization.

I could also say with absolute certainty that Starcraft 2 is a lot more skill based, has a lot more depth and hence is the better than HON. There's something called fun factor as well.

You can add more depth to Chess by making each piece way 40 pounds but it isn't exactly going to be fun now is it?

DoctorGraveyard

08-08-2010

If you wanna play HoN, Suck it up, spend the 30 dollars on a WC3 battle chest and play dota. the community is better, because all the *******s went to HoN. I love LoL, but i still play DotA a lot, the heroes are more versatile and fun - imo.

haithere

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
I didn't even try the free week because I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Plus I watched some gameplay and I was like "wow it's LoL but at 1/10th speed"
Are you kidding? HoN plays so much faster than LoL. The base movement speed is about twice that of LoL alone.

The Government

08-08-2010

Yeah, I hate that carries are so hard in that game. I mean, Scout is UNKILLABLE late, there is just so much snowballing in HoN. 2 early kills clenches a victory tbh

Dimensionist

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Government View Post
Yeah, I hate that carries are so hard in that game. I mean, Scout is UNKILLABLE late, there is just so much snowballing in HoN. 2 early kills clenches a victory tbh
Lmfao and the typical HON player says herp derp "lol suxxors anybody can carry in that game and become imba"

versus only a handful of champions that are capable of carrying in HON. So basically that means everything is centered around your team carry if your team carry fails your team fails?

I would rather have other champions able to pick up the slack then rely the whole game on 1 or 2 champions on your team.

ZyloWolfBane

08-08-2010

Baddies play LoL, Graduates of the baddie hell called LoL play HoN and Pros play DotA.

Halad

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewhead View Post
People were getting extremely pissy over me hitting creeps before the last blow because we werent ready to push towers yet. I mean what am I supposed to do just run in circles until I can last hit them? that just makes the game torture for my fingers
You don't really understand the HoN metagame then. Lane control is far more critical in HoN because proper denies/last hits allow you to pull the lane toward you. In pulling the lane toward your tower, you ensure safer last hitting and expose the enemy to ganks or reduced experience gain. Remember, towers in HoN do not 2-3 shot creeps like they do in LoL, its very easy to tag a last hit even if a tower is focusing the creep.

That said, you should be doing this in LoL or you expose yourself to ganks. If you dont have the gear or levels to push a tower effectively, why overpush the lane? You're just reducing the amount of distance you can chase and deal damage to the enemy as they flee from your attacks. Pushing the lane to a certain degree is required to keep the creeps out of tower range(which can end up stealing your last hits), but thats about the only reason this is necessary. To the topic, HoN is a much more unforgiving game, for better or worse. If you miss an ability or two you've pretty much doomed yourself for the next 2 minutes, since regeneration rates are intentionally low. That aspect requires more skill. Missing a skill shot is highly unacceptable in most cases from early to mid game. Eg : Devourer(Blitzcrank, roughly) can only use hook+ult at 6 before OOMing, and wont regenerate enough to do it again for roughly 3 minutes.

Along those lines, many of the abilities in HoN are absolute, but almost all have hard counters. For instance, one item makes you immune to magic, but not physical. This is critical for using channeled spells(for example, Nunu's ult), but can be countered with an item that pushes a hero a few tiles causing the channel to be interrupted. Alternatively, the item that makes you immune to physical can be countered with magic, and they cannot be used with each other. Invulnerability moves can be purged with an item, so on and so forth. A new player that does not understand this system is going to get steamrolled, but veterans will understand item builds and build to counter. HoN in my opinion does require more skill, I still play LoL because I'm too cheap to buy HoN and maybe I've grown to be a casual gamer

Dimensionist

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyloWolfBane View Post
Baddies play LoL, Graduates of the baddie hell called LoL play HoN and Pros play DotA.
obvious troll is obvious

Kyrinic

08-08-2010

I absolutely hate the art style of HoN. It looks like the ******ed offspring of an Emo and a Hardcore ****** couple.
Not to mention the contract you have to sign to keep your virginity until you die. And by contract I mean agree to speak like a nerd in all game.

phorest

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
I didn't even try the free week because I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Plus I watched some gameplay and I was like "wow it's LoL but at 1/10th speed"
I lol'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Government View Post
Clearly you have hardly played HoN. Sure if you get a crappy team composition then yes, if enemy carries get fed then they will be unstoppable. And 2 early kills doesn't clench a victory unless you suck. All you have to do is gank them. HoN is alot more punishing than LoL and is more skillbased (yo downvotes and flame, but it's true). LoL is "easier" but also more relaxed and can be more fun as there is less rage involved, mostly since you can carry a game yourself whereas in HoN you can't; atleast not as easily.

1234567 ... 9