So I just came back from trying HoN...

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IAmKendrickLlama

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
I didn't even try the free week because I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Plus I watched some gameplay and I was like "wow it's LoL but at 1/10th speed"
Both games are the same in the sense that low rated play is at a dead crawl. Higher ranked play in both are much higher paced.

Nerzum

08-08-2010

Wow, another thread about HoN.

''LoL is the best game of the world... DERP!''

Stewhead

08-08-2010

I thought you guys would be happy to hear someone come back from HoN and end up sticking with LoL...

ExplosmFan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

ive played the beta and the free week but i think the beta was better more noobs now there jsut all pro that u cant have fun coz u alway lose

flaakmonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

i played BETA it was fun for hardcore DOTA players, but DOTA was always an elitist game anyways. Where as LOL has multiple levels of play and is for a bigger audience.

Dimensionist

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanos View Post
ITT - people play hon expecting it to be like lol.
its different than expected
rage quit and ***** on lol forums
It's not about that. It's about design. If you built a great MP3 player that takes 1 week just to get used to the button placement, layout, and controls nobody would buy it.

I don't want to invest a ridiculous amount of time just getting used to the interface with the potential I might like the game or find out it was **** from the start.

There's a reason things are 'user friendly' doesn't mean they are lacking in features. Both games are in the same genre if one game sets the standard for design and ease of use the competitors must follow or they will lose, simple as that.

I'm not talking about 'gameplay mechanics' i'm talking about interface and ease of use.

SuchIsLife

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewhead View Post
People were getting extremely pissy over me hitting creeps before the last blow because we werent ready to push towers yet. I mean what am I supposed to do just run in circles until I can last hit them? that just makes the game torture for my fingers.
No, you're supposed to press "s" so your hero just stands there until a creep is almost dead. Then you last hit it and stand around some more.

LotionExplosion

08-08-2010

I prefer HoN to LoL to be quite honest. I always have a kick out of seeing topics like this though.

The real sad fact of the matter is that HoN is a lot more skill-based than LoL. There's also a lot more depth to the game, hence the confusion.

suicide4daniel

08-08-2010

zzzzzzzz

Clone56

08-08-2010

For the OP you are blaming flaws of the game cause your computer cant handle it. Been playing HoN for 8 months and never came accross glitchs like you mention. HoN is about 100% more fast paced then LoL and in no way shape or form is it slower. The annimation in HoN are alot brighter and colorful. Im no fanboy cause I havent played HoN much recently cause the community kills it but as far as the gameplay is, that is top notch for DoTa style.

123456 ... 9