So I just came back from trying HoN...

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stewhead

08-08-2010

and i honestly HATED it. My group of friends recently has been like "hey guys were all gonna stop playing LoL and play HoN instead because, comon, it costs money which means its better lol"

I tried it since this is "free week" and I just did not like it at all.

Sure it looked pretty but once you get more than two heroes on your screen the game starts glitching. Its not terrible glitches but its enough to frustrate me since they will get out of my abilities with it. No matter what settings I had it at, the game would do this, its just sad.

Second of all, from the five heroes I played it seemed like NONE of them had any real groundbreaking moves. The abilites didnt seem to do much at all and each time I was miserable because it felt like I was honestly playing the same characters and auto-hitting was all I had.

Third, I know this may sound wierd, but I LIKE the idea of having to work for your heroes like you do here. There you just pay the 30 bucks and bam you have all heroes. It seemed like a cool idea at first, but in the end it really feels like the game doesnt have much depth since I dont have to work for heroes like I do here.

Sure people buy heroes here as well but the fact that you can work for them through playing games gives me more of a sense of accomplishment.

And dont even get me started on their community. I mean sure I have seen some bad times here but people are just terrible there and will complain about ANYTHING. People were getting extremely pissy over me hitting creeps before the last blow because we werent ready to push towers yet. I mean what am I supposed to do just run in circles until I can last hit them? that just makes the game torture for my fingers.

All in all, even though this game isnt as shiny looking I find it much more enjoyable. I hate to bring up a comparison like this but to me it feels like WoW. WoW may not have great graphics but it runs smoothly and doesnt rely on being shiny to get by which is why it holds so many people.

In the end, im glad to be back

because HoN sucks!

Prumpie Iron Toe

08-08-2010

The only thing HoN has on LoL is the announcer.

R-R-R-R-R-R-R-RAGE QUIT

Bainemo

08-08-2010

I didn't even try the free week because I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Plus I watched some gameplay and I was like "wow it's LoL but at 1/10th speed"

Stewhead

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prumpie Iron Toe View Post
The only thing HoN has on LoL is the announcer.

R-R-R-R-R-R-R-RAGE QUIT
Agreed, that did offer me some entertainment haha, and the music wasnt too bad either, the only things that probably kept me playing those matches...

Lyov

08-08-2010

i played HoN and enjoyed it a lot, i bought the game. i'm now in a PSR of about 1600 and i enjoy LoL too.
you need to play at least 10 matches to understand the shop, the heroes, and basically the metagame, like you do here in LoL.
the entire 'work for heroes' thing is RPG specific-- therefore you can't compare HoN to LoL-- HoN is DotA 2.0, LoL is a different game. don't compare them pls .

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by prumpie iron toe View Post
the only thing hon has on lol is the announcer.

R-r-r-r-r-r-r-rage quit
lol, like: GEEEEEEEENOOOOOOCCCCIIIDEEEEE!!!!!!!!

awesomeness!

Dimensionist

08-08-2010

Not to mention the announcer sounds like he's catering to twelve year olds...

DOUBLE TAP

RAGE QUIT

Also the minimap shows colored dots but you can't tell who the champion is. The life bars are horrible allied and enemy minions both have green life bars. In lol if you're top lane and someone is coming to gank you can tell on the minimap whether it's ryze or whoever there you just see a red dot and actually have to look over to see who the champion is.

Those who say HON requires more skill is like saying Chess would require more skill if every single chess piece weighed forty pounds. Sure it would be harder to play a game of chess and still focus if the pieces were that heavy but I wouldn't equate it to skill or better design.

Just more annoying design.

Stewhead

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyov View Post
i played HoN and enjoyed it a lot, i bought the game. i'm now in a PSR of about 1600 and i enjoy LoL too.
you need to play at least 10 matches to understand the shop, the heroes, and basically the metagame, like you do here in LoL.
the entire 'work for heroes' thing is RPG specific-- therefore you can't compare HoN to LoL-- HoN is DotA 2.0, LoL is a different game. don't compare them pls .
Oh right, and the shop seemed REALLY confusing too compared to this. That probably is one of the things that turned me off as well, but I did get semi-used to it so I really didnt think that was a glaring issue.

Lyov

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainemo View Post
I didn't even try the free week because I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Plus I watched some gameplay and I was like "wow it's LoL but at 1/10th speed"
lol... that can't be true, games are MUCH faster in HoN than in LoL and when you have teamfights you actually have to know...

itsNIXIN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

ITT - people play hon expecting it to be like lol.
its different than expected
rage quit and ***** on lol forums

12345 ... 9