2600+ games played, 90% of them on TT, ask me anything about TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trial By Pain

04-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettyZ View Post
How do you win if the other team camps at their base and can throw you into their death turret? It's very difficult to take down the normal turret guarding their nexus, and often teammates end up feeding. I've lost games where we should have won and had enemies turrets+nexus down, only to be aced eventually from the inability to destroy their turret despite having dragon buff/red buff and such advantages. Furthermore, it seems that the other team can farm well with the super minions at their base too.

Eg. Rammus uses his lure to make you auto-attack and flashes into the death turret, Singed uses his throw back and throws you into their death turret, etc. Especially if your team doesn't have a great tank.
Same question here.

I just played a game with 2 of my friends where we crushed the ennemy team. They weren't bad or making bad moves, I just think that we outplayed them.

Then we could never push them to the mid turret. Even if we swarmed them with minions. All of them could stun us, and Alistar could throw us in the spawn, even Vayne to some extent. They just farmed back to the point where our massive advantage was gone, and we couldn't even teamfight anymore.

Gotta give them credit for not surrendering and fighting back, but hey, I really think that these situations shouldn't happen and they do happen because the map is flawed. It's like that people know this and they can just use it as plan B. You wouldn't see this in 5v5s.

I guess we could have all built GA and the variant of Trinity Force/Lichbane just to get that turret down. But I'm not sure it would have worked.

To sum it up : How do you counter turtling?

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettyZ View Post
How do you win if the other team camps at their base and can throw you into their death turret? It's very difficult to take down the normal turret guarding their nexus, and often teammates end up feeding. I've lost games where we should have won and had enemies turrets+nexus down, only to be aced eventually from the inability to destroy their turret despite having dragon buff/red buff and such advantages. Furthermore, it seems that the other team can farm well with the super minions at their base too.

Eg. Rammus uses his lure to make you auto-attack and flashes into the death turret, Singed uses his throw back and throws you into their death turret, etc. Especially if your team doesn't have a great tank.
If you dont have a tank or ranged AD the enemy turtling will end up being a problem.

I find it best to keep turtling from ever being an issue in the first place dont kill towers until 18-20 minutes into a game, and only ever kill an inhib if your gonna push to win right there.

Otherwise your only options are to try to pick the enemy off in their base, which is hard, or to do an all out zerg of the tower. Zerging the tower can be easy with a tank or Tryndamere but without them its difficult.

Try not getting into turtle situations, they seriously suck. If you are in that situation be prepared for a zerg or a slow drawn out fight inside the enemy base.

Turtle Omega

04-30-2012

wat. Situations when the enemy turtles is seriously the easiest situation to deal with, ever.

Trial By Pain

04-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Omega View Post
wat. Situations when the enemy turtles is seriously the easiest situation to deal with, ever.
I guess it would depend on your team composition.

Turtle Omega

04-30-2012

Not really but okay

Mainmanseve

05-01-2012

you can just chose the better champ on this map and the game is over, ex. tanky dps > mage

brotherlynchhung

05-02-2012

My team is currently 1415 and, to counter the enemy teams jungler, all we do is 1v2 bot 2v1 TOP lane...

We don't start with a jungler as this (if the enemy team has one) will make it extremely hard for you to farm with 2junglers, so we can the idea and go 2 top...

Making TOP( easiest to gank with jungler) an in gankable lane...

its very solid strat.. if a team has jungler, just 2 top 1 bot with a strong lane.. you will never get ganked bot because it is too easy to evade.. and top will never get ganks because it will always be 2v1 or 2v2 making it literally impossible to sucessfully gank if warded..

That being said, we duo lane till our BOT (usually me) gets level around 7-10.. then we start to control the map, switching it so the BOT lane will now jungle and the other two wont have to share XP or FARM..

this ultimately allows us to easily control buffs and lane dominance..

We usually run

Riven Wukong Skarner
GP Riven wukong
Malph Skarner Wukong
Lulu mordekaiser yorick (Major synergy)

Technically, this map is easily exploitable due to the nature of it and how small it is.. All of the ^ comps work real well..

edit: We dont run lee sin because he falls off too hard late game, if your playing a smart team they'll farm it out and wait for lee to drop off..

brotherlynchhung

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trial By Pain View Post
Same question here.

To sum it up : How do you counter turtling?
What you technically need to do, is bait them.. either take the opportunity and split push them safely with wards.. or run all flash team and try to just bait them off the platform...

but turtling is more or less just having that last turret up.. If you have problems with people just kiting you around the fountain, i suggest running comps that can have someone tank a turret and the other two melt it down.. it only has 3500 hp, should die fairly fast if the game is drawn out.... at that point all you need to do is sit behind the nexus and take it..

ive had 1500 teams do that to our comp.. both nexus turrets down only nexus remaining.. we outplayed them by simply having one of us rush in for the nexus, as the other two (With flash) stick behind the nexus wall.. as ssooon as they 3v1 your teammate flash in and just go hard in the paint...

you have to think, when they are turtling they'll look for any excuse to take an advantage when they see it.. You have to take advantage of them making mistakes.

Kind of confusing but, if you run a 3s comp and want to practice vs a very skill team.. add me BROTHERLYNCHHUNG my 3s team will definatly be down to scrim.

Turtle Omega

05-03-2012

Countering turtling is simple. If you have gotten to the situation where the enemy team is turtling, it is obvious you have an extreme advantage over them, but however, if you make the wrong moves, you could end up losing the game. Now, with that advantage, I'd assume you are stronger than them, otherwise they wouldn't be turtling. To counter this, you must work with your team. If I am in a solo queue, I try my best to communicate to my team about strategies and coordination. One mistake I see all the time is the absence of fight-or-flight. That is to say, imagine their inhibitors are down, with only their inner tower remaining, and it seems almost impossible to poke the tower. This is generally a phase where no one seems to know what to do. To put it simply, in order to counter turtling, you need a number advantage. So, instead of trying to take their last tower, focus on them. One thing you should understand is that most players enjoy keeping some of their abilities reserved in case of emergencies, or finishing moves. What you should do is target an enemy, and have everyone blast absolutely everything you have on him. If he dies before the enemies have time to retaliate, you've pretty much already won.

Sk4r3Kr0w

05-04-2012

Would you say Anivia or Xerath are good picks for TT? I'm sort've new and they're really the only 2 champions I know how to play right now.. and I want to play TT lol