Help me find a new Laptop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

10-22-2009

So after needing a new computer for a long time, I finally have some money.

I have 1,718.42 USD. Please help me find the best possible laptop you can!

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

Why a laptop?

SilverSoultaker

Emissary of the League

10-22-2009

So I can also use it for school - duh

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

10-22-2009

http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archi...dollar-laptop/
and then spend 1708.42 dollars on food.

but, uhm... yeah. I dunno. What exactly are you looking for when you say "best"? Do you want a laptop well suited for playing games, or one that's more of an all arounder? What are you looking for in size/ weight/ battery life, etc. etc.?

Larias

Adjudicator

10-23-2009

I helped your MOM find a new laptop.

ImaBastard

10-23-2009

I'll start looking over here, guise!

Xocolatl

10-23-2009

I would recommend waiting just a month or so until the Nvidea ION line comes in full force, then watch as the price plummets.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1243332801932.html
I made a mistake in skimping out on my laptop because I thought I'll only use it for uni work. Well, it turns out you sometimes need more than just word processing at uni; CAD, photoshopping, opening 3 or 4 x 1000pages PDFs for research, or using 10,000 cells in spreadsheet at the same time, and normal netbook simply can't handle that very well. No matter what you study, be it sciences, arts, or social study, there will always be some task that requires a lot of calculation and rendering power from your computer. And you might as well buy for the future if you're still in highschool.

Javu theScrunge

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSoultaker View Post
So after needing a new computer for a long time, I finally have some money.

I have 1,718.42 USD. Please help me find the best possible laptop you can!
dont buy a lenovo EVA!!

big mistake by me

verra

11-30-2009

do you guys think the new ASUS 1201N equipped with dual-core processors and Nvidia ION can handle this game?

I think its going to be available in december for around $500.. not bad... its going to be light and affordable too, for students like me as well.

FaceKick

03-30-2010

That's okay but not very fluid. You can play with the worst graphic configuration and the medium resolution. 1201n have a 1,6 ghz processor, and Adobe Air is a d a m n slowcoach wich s u c k your CPU, the GeForce 9400M (ION) and the 2 ram gig don't interest Adobe Air.