Help against Xin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DNeon

04-09-2012

I'm not gonna say he's OP, I haven't played as him to be able to know, but he deals a LOT of damage very fast, from very early on. I was bottom lane Blitzcrank with a Master Yi, and even at a brief lvl 1 encounter he had both of us sitting back at tower with low health. He never seemed to have a weak point, he didn't fall off late game (completely dominated team fights), yet he had an incredibly powerful early game. We didn't feed him either, at least not until he dominated team fights later, he'd just get us to really low health and we'd manage to barely get away (he did get max 2 kills out of us during the laning phase, but we'd gotten a kill or so off on his laning partner, also Master Yi).

Ok, so that's the position I'm coming from, just wondering if I could get some help on how to counter him since he's apparently easily countered?

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

If you can get some CC on him, which as Blitzcrank you have heaps & piles of, you can shut him down. Get get at landing that grab on a target, and even if you & your partner are at low health, you can drag him into tower and eat him up.

Also, a good general rule of thumb, if the person is killing you a lot check the scoreboard (mine is set to tab.) Is the person building lots of AD items? Build Thornmail. AS? Frozen Heart. AP? Force of Nature, or one of the many other items that give protection against casters. Too much CC? Go for Merc Treads.

Though on the subject of Xin, I do believe his sustain is a bit on the OP side. As a Twitch, I nearly brought him down, died to his attacks, but was sure my Ignite + Deadly Poison would finish him off. Nope! Within a few auto attacks he was able to easily get enough life to out-sustain both my DoTs. Is it just me, or is not Ignite meant to kill chars that have sustain...?

Misticaltom

04-10-2012

Xin's largest weakness is, even when fed, he's nothing to write home about.
He just doesn't have no crazy strength, but his main function is Initiating, he can jump into a fight, pop everything he has, and leave it right as rain. LIttle cc's like Blitz's isn't going to stop xin too much, he'll just Audaciouly charge into blitz, attempting to get his own knock up on before him.

But his abillities don't scale, as he levels he gets no stronger and is highly item dependent. He needs to farm, he needs to sustain, he needs to get kills, and preforms no better than the rest of the team when done.
He is still a strong initiator, a good ganker, and a powerful tower killer, easily able to just dive an enemy team and lay his whole combo, regardless of wether his team follows.

He can't build tanky and deal damage, or deal damage and be tanky, he has to sacrifice too much!

Now.....he'll straight out beat a lart number of bruisers who lack any sustain, he'll fight like ya but his passive gives him that advantage.

Irelia hard counters him so hard, you'll actually think of ways to nerf Irelia while playing him.

Buffing Xin Zhao counts as Nerfing Irelia.

orhpeus

04-10-2012

CC, thormails equals useless xin

Peligrad

04-10-2012

Xin is really strong at the early levels.

He falls off really fast because his abilities don't scale well at all.

Play conservatively for the first 4 levels or so and then you can pick a fight with him pretty easily.

Probably the best solo top counter for Xin in the game is Renekton.

With Ren all you have to do is max range harass him with culls over and over and wait for a lunge.
If he lunges, just slice out of melee range and go back to cull harassing. Doing this doesn't allow him to land 3 hits to knock you up ever and makes his AS steroid a complete waste.

Counter picking Ren verse Xin is free ELO...

Michael Kane

04-10-2012

Are you a troll? Or are you sub level 30?

Xin Zhao is underpowered as hell and even Morello and Geeves (xin's creator) said he is weak. For the love of god tell me you are trolling

LastLaughLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

^ What this man said. One root after his intiation or a knockback. And he is useless for the next 10-20 seconds until his skills come off CD. He is not tanky. And his dmg isnt amazing. He is TOO item dependent. He needs to be build EVERYTHING, which is absurd, to be able to function well. His CD's are too long to be a melee carry. The best use for Xin is as anti-carry AD assassin late game. Only makes sense because of long cd's. You could say W helps you with the CD's, but one CC, be it even Ashe Frost shot and he wont be able to catch up to his target and he is utterly useless. Xin needs a major remake. He is USEABLE. But he is nowhere near on par with other champions that can do his roles.

Michael Kane

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Xin is really strong at the early levels.

He falls off really fast because his abilities don't scale well at all.

Play conservatively for the first 4 levels or so and then you can pick a fight with him pretty easily.

Probably the best solo top counter for Xin in the game is Renekton.

With Ren all you have to do is max range harass him with culls over and over and wait for a lunge.
If he lunges, just slice out of melee range and go back to cull harassing. Doing this doesn't allow him to land 3 hits to knock you up ever and makes his AS steroid a complete waste.

Counter picking Ren verse Xin is free ELO...
Are implying people play Xin Zhao in ranked?

TasogareReiken

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterage View Post
If you can get some CC on him, which as Blitzcrank you have heaps & piles of, you can shut him down. Get get at landing that grab on a target, and even if you & your partner are at low health, you can drag him into tower and eat him up.
Please, don't start off advice with a given. If you can shut down the champ with CC, you can beat him is true of ALL champions except those specifically able to break CC. Gangplank and Olaf.

Michael Kane

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasogareReiken View Post
Please, don't start off advice with a given. If you can shut down the champ with CC, you can beat him is true of ALL champions except those specifically able to break CC. Gangplank and Olaf.
Actually its worse for xin because you make him waste battle cry dropping his dps dramatically, think before you speak