I am here to show my support for the new meta:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theshim

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
I'm 100% capable of understanding that it can be legit and it can win games in the right players' hands. But it's still stupid
Debatable.
Quote:
and annoying
Debatable.
Quote:
and counterable.
This, I'll agree with. It's a strategy. You don't have to like it for it to be viable. And the fact that it can be countered doesn't mean it should never be done.

IMSOJUICY

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
I'm 100% capable of understanding that it can be legit and it can win games in the right players' hands. But it's still stupid and annoying and counterable.
K, I c what u mean. I was just commenting because u said 'look viable', which seemed to imply that the strat only worked cuz it was plus five, not the strat itself. Which is possible, but if people want to explore new meta possibilities, then why not encourage new thinking. Certainly more fun than watching eight bruisers crash into each other every minute or so. .

Nekrogen

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Point Defense got everyone else running five Revives, but if you search the forums you see that not all members condone that setup. Then they run POOTERSS and win a tournament of 4v5s. When will people realize that Point Defense's skills and teamwork are so advanced that they are running troll setups in tournaments? And thus you don't have to copy everything they do?
A few things on this, but I mostly agree:

1) Zaberz was away this week for an unknown reason, thus we needed either POOTERSS or FDru to take over, and POOTERSS has never been in a tourney with us before so that's mostly why he played with us (along with the fact that we wanted him to have a skin while he backcapped!).
2) Running mass revives actually originated from the EUW tournies, and we thought it was a great strategy to take up. It isn't the best on every champ/role, but it's certainly more viable than it used to be.
3) It was never 4v5. In fact our team was usually in a 4v3 situation because it took 2 people to take a point back from POOTERSS.
4) It's a cheese strat, yes. However, POOTERSS does do it a LOT better than the average solo queue ruiner.

Also, why the downvotes for the final game video info?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSOJUICY View Post
K, I c what u mean. I was just commenting because u said 'look viable', which seemed to imply that the strat only worked cuz it was plus five, not the strat itself. Which is possible, but if people want to explore new meta possibilities, then why not encourage new thinking. Certainly more fun than watching eight bruisers crash into each other every minute or so. .
now that i think of it do you imagine how "boring" it would be if Dominion didn't have the crystal aura? five melee derps just bashing at each other endlessly for three minutes straight (and irelia being a top pick) it would possible increase quantitiously the duration of the games.

ProSauce VT

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
now that i think of it do you imagine how "boring" it would be if Dominion didn't have the crystal aura? five melee derps just bashing at each other endlessly for three minutes straight (and irelia being a top pick) it would possible increase quantitiously the duration of the games.
Hmm Irelia isn't a top pick yet. Cant wait till we have a weekend tournament...