I am here to show my support for the new meta:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

04-10-2012

I got the finals game up on my own3d.tv/Nekrogen page for those interested.

POOTERSS

04-10-2012

the game in the NESL semis vs TheFeedski's team was legendary...

0-16 as Rammus and we win lol...

http://www.twitch.tv/thefeedski/b/314504876

NESL 26 semis game starts around 8 min in.

Commander Yordle

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOTERSS View Post
the game in the NESL semis vs TheFeedski's team was legendary...

0-16 as Rammus and we win lol...

http://www.twitch.tv/thefeedski/b/314504876

NESL 26 semis game starts around 8 min in.
You must share your secrets. >=D

Ikarurob

04-10-2012

well, thanks to this we now know why people think Dom is a joke. Thanks guys.

Im out. Keep your no skill dom.

04-10-2012

This is sad. Good players making a stupid and annoying strat look viable... that **** really bothers me. I lost a lot of respect for you guys.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
This is sad. Good players making a stupid and annoying strat look viable... that **** really bothers me. I lost a lot of respect for you guys.
a viable strat that was supposed to be part of Dominion before crybabies like you said "it's not what Riot originally intended some more pointles QQ, bwaaa because make sit 3vX moar pointless qq"

don't believe me? check Dominion release notes

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

Roughly a month ago in the DominateDominion chat...

Me: I think POOT's playstyle has some viability. I'm sure it'll work in a team comp
Everyone else: es noob strat. you know nothing >: (

IMSOJUICY

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofrandom View Post
it may be annoying, but it is a legit strat, imo. dominion has always been about the cap points first, not kills. the perception that a team must maintain point majority only via fighting is flawed. its like backdooring the enemy in dota or lol. ultimately, the point is to kill their nexus, not them.

Forestgreen02

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedLife View Post
Roughly a month ago in the DominateDominion chat...

Me: I think POOT's playstyle has some viability. I'm sure it'll work in a team comp
Everyone else: es noob strat. you know nothing >: (
I can tell you that this strat would lose to the standard 4 top 1 bot. I usually hang in the jungle do his backdooring tactics does jack all. All you need to do is kill 1 of their teammate running around then you get the advantage and just run and take all their points. When they respawn the usual is camp jungle and blow up one of their lone mates and keep killing them with the 4v3 advantage.
Its just in solo Q players like to sit on top point all day hoping enemy team tries to take it when they just backdoor and 4 cap them. Besides in the match they had a backdooring janna... I can't tell you how many games I've seen people do that and were always on the losing team.

Cauldrath

04-10-2012

There's a difference between strategically backcapping and just constantly going mid all game long. I'm pretty sure that the only reason Feedski's team lost is because +5 was able to eventually beat them 4v5 and then BPB severely overreacted with too many people going with speed builds and wandering the jungle close to mid so they weren't able to properly deal with the rest of the team.

Personally, I don't think there was enough backcapping before, but that doesn't mean you should just go mid nonstop. The best move is usually the one your opponent doesn't expect. Imagine if just a few times POOTERSS had ganked bottom instead, or joined a team fight when they were holding someone back at mid to keep him from backcapping, or intentionally lead a single chaser into a gank. Now imagine having to guess where 5 (or at least 4) different people were going to go all the time, and CV is considered a must-have spell.