Which is the better way to build Karthus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ace the Elite

04-09-2012

So my main items are sorc boots, tear (building to archangels staff later) and rabadons. But I've been kind of undecided about what my other 3 items should be. Would it be better to build survivability and steady damage (RoA, WotA, Rylai's) or just build to jump into teamfights and nuke them every time (Void staff, zhonya's, another rabadons)

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

Void Staff should be considered core in most games. Zhonya's is strong on him but a second Rabadons is overkill because the passives do not stack. A tactic of Karth is running in and dieing but it's definitely not the best way to play him. I'd say Rylai's>RoA WotA is allright but more situational than anything.

DarkenDragon

04-09-2012

I think archangel and rabadons is enough interms of offensive, I would work more towards defense like abyssal scepter, and banshee for magic resistance, and zhonya's or frozen heart for armor

Ace the Elite

04-09-2012

Thanks for the tips, I'll try those builds out. I had been trying health-based survivability builds before, but I'll focus more on armor and mr. My pure offense build had only varied success, mostly relying on my teammates to be able to clean up the kills after my dying in an instant and throwing down all the spells.

Cenerae

04-09-2012

Try a RoA instead of an Archangels. You get plenty of mana from the RoA, and you also get nice and tanky. Catalyst is also infinitely better for laning with than Tear.

You may not like it (some people enjoy playing glass cannon suicide Karthus), but I reccommend trying it out a few times to see if it works for you.

Wolfalisk

04-09-2012

Glass cannon is the only way to build Karthus.

shalexade

04-09-2012

I like to rush a revolver to make myself near immoveable in lane.

After that, sorc boots and a tear before hitting the death cap.

After that it's situational.

Void staff if they are stacking MR
Zhonas if they are AD heavy or focusing me too hard
Abysmal if they are AP heavy

Whether I upgrade to WOTA early or late depends if we have another AP on the team to benefit from it.