Getting out of ELO hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crude Instinct

01-26-2013

This seemed like the right place to post the question.

I started with an ELO around 1500, and dropped quickly to where I am now which is about 1000 sometimes less.

Every time I win a game, I then lose one and can't really gain traction and get to a higher ELO.

Anyone have tips for getting out of this slump?

supaticky1

01-26-2013

Win games.

Cenerae

01-26-2013

Ask yourself after each game what you could have done better. Avoid pinning blame on team mates - focus soley on what YOU could have improved on.

If you begin to realise a certain thing or two keep coming up often, then you know what you need to do to improve your play. As you improve your play, you'll win more games. Win more games, gain rating.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Be open to the possibility that you were carried to 1500, and that you might not actually belong there.

When I first started ranked, I was carried up to 1400, before dropping back down to 750. Highest elo is not actual elo, and while you may have the potential to reach 1500 again some day, it will take work and alot of improvement.

01-26-2013

the difference between those stated elos is tremendous, odds are you likely belong closer to 1000 then 1500, if you were remotely close to a 1500 player you would be able to atleast get to 1300 no problem.

Crude Instinct

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatarfury View Post
the difference between those stated elos is tremendous, odds are you likely belong closer to 1000 then 1500, if you were remotely close to a 1500 player you would be able to atleast get to 1300 no problem.
Ya I know, but the main issue I run into with low elo and elo hell is that 90% of the time I am placed with teams who would rather fight eachother than try and win. So, I think I belong around 1200 at least because of my scores. But it is hard to get there.

Vrykonik

01-26-2013

If you are in the low ELO's your enemies teams are no better than yours. Excuses and blaming your allies for being bad doesn't make up for anything. You have to get better yourself before you can do anything.

Gothrog

01-26-2013

I'm stuck in the same boat. Win one game, get +15, lose the next, get -30. How does that seem fair? I main support and of the 40 games (estimate, not actual) I have played of the preseason (about 15 wins, 25 losses), I will take the blame for about four of those losses. It is always other lanes giving the other team massive feed before the game even hits the ten minute mark. I'm reading all these replies about 'don't blame your allies', but honestly, if someone on your team is 0/6 in the first ten minutes, you'd be pointing fingers too. I try to stay out of the blame game simply because it doesn't do anything effective. The same can't be said for the my other allies I am frequently paired with. I prefer the mental rage rather than in game. I would love to get out of this hole I've been stuck in, but I really don't see it happening before Season 3 starts.

YellowDog7

01-26-2013

Good Play <<<<<<<<<<< Horrible Play

Basically, your win or loss depends on whether your teams players or the enemies teams players decide to do something "totally retarded". Now both of them WANT TO. And both of them will. But not every game. Smart mouth High Elo players with Diamond Elo should try to win... and get their *bleeps* kicked..... 4v5 Gold players.

Oh, says the smart mouth Diamond Elo player, that 1000 ELO player isn't ACTUALLY doing nothing. That's entirely correct, smart-mouth Diamond Elo player. He is going to shop seconds before the near decisive 5v4 teamfight. Or maybe he is getting wolves. Or takes off for blue/red. So you are right, smart mouth Diamond Elo player. He is doing SOMETHING. And that SOMETHING has nothing to do with the game-losing teamfight.

EDIT:
Oh, and smart-mouth Diamond Elo player, I forgot that they don't always do NOTHING. Sometimes they FEED FEED FEED. So lets replace that 4v5 with 5v5 only one of your players is KillzU and he feeds his top lane 5 kills in the first ten minutes. So you now have a gold player with 5 kills and huge CS in top lane. But I'm sure your 4 Diamond players with Mad Skillz will beat the 5 golds... even if one is super fed. Ha ha. BANG, your dead.