phantom dancer dodge stack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninjuri

Member

08-08-2010

on the weapon phantom dancer it has a 20% dodge chance, and it doesn't say its unique so that means it has to stack, so in theory, i could have a 100% or even 120% dodge chance and be invincible to normal attacks, is this possible?

also; discuss injuries in innapropriate places


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5n4k3

Senior Member

08-08-2010

I'm not 100% sure but I'm going to guess there's a hard cap on dodge. Else that'd be rediculous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Controlled By Me

Senior Member

08-08-2010

They don't exactly stack like that, but in diminishing returns. I'm not sure how it exactly works, but 1% of a dodge stat doesn't equal 1% of actual dodge.
I believe I read somewhere, you have around 50~60% dodge with 6 phantom dancers, dodge seals and your dodge mastery.

EDIT: I found this:

Lets say that 1 is 100% hit chance and 0 is 0% hit chance. To find the total hit chance, you take the decimal form of the item's dodge chance and mutiply it by 1. The next item you use the decimal form and multiply it by the previous answer. Example: Bought Ninja Tabi. 1 x .88 = 0.88 Bought Phantom Dancer. 0.88 x 0.80 = 0.704 Bought another Phantom Dancer. 0.704 x 0.80 = 0.5632
By now the enemy would have a 56.32% chance to hit you, or you'd have a 43.68% chance to dodge.
Even if you bought 6 Phantom Dancers and 3 Tier 3 Quintessences and 9 Tier 3 Seals, you'd only get to around 77% dodge chance.
I'd say you're better off stopping at 40% at most.

This seems pretty accurate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DP Carl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-08-2010

Edit - nevermind my answer haha. ^ hes probably right


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ninjuri

Member

08-10-2010

therefore the moar dodge items you stack, the more useless each one becomes.... i hope that dodge isnt the only thing that does this because it seems a bit ******ed, i would have much rather had a hard cap at like 70 or 80 or to have dodge unique on each item so it naturally couldnt get that high


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krellnus

Senior Member

08-10-2010

@Ninjuri, Speed boosts that are not from boots and slows also start diminishing returns at 410movespeed and 210movespeed respectively


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrostRevenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-10-2010

yeah it tech stacks but like mentioned it does start receiving diminishing returns at some point so it you cant get such a ridiculous dodge amt.