Jungle rune question Udyr/Nocturne/Shyvana/Alistar/Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrizzlyMatt

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressF1 View Post
I have a friend who is like 2200 elo that does AS reds, move quints, armor yellows, and flat mana blues.

The mana blues are because blue buff scales off of your total mana, and so it provides a huge boost early game on mana hungry champs like udyr and alistar, who can just build MR later anyway (if you aren't building mercs and wits end on udyr you're probably doing it wrong).

It works pretty well IMO. Nocturne actually scales really hard off of attack speed as well so keep that in mind.

Also noteworthy is that the only one of those junglers with a gap closer pre 6 is alistar, who is very positioning based so move quints is a good idea for all of them.

AS is good on every jungler, for udyr noc it will be extra good because they get procs after so many auto attacks (10s -1 per auto attack on noc, every 3 hits for udyr) and so it scales much better than ArP.

All of them use mana except shyvana and mundo, and obviously armor yellows on every jungler.
So in your opinion, full AS reds, with MS quints? What if I get AS quints for now, would that hurt my junglers that have no gap closers that bad?

G Lovv

04-10-2012

So I've been looking at getting into jungling more as well, and have had similar questions and I love the feedback that you all have given so far. I either have or am saving for all the champs listed, but I was wondering if those rune pages (AS reds/ armor yellows/ MR blues/ MS quints) would work for WW and trundle as well. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work well with them too, am I missing anything?

TehJackAttack

04-10-2012

I have been jungling noc as my main jungle for a while now, and have been experimenting alot with runes/mastery setups for him.

I have stuck with a full +25 armpen rune page with armor yellows and mr/level blues. 0/21/9 masteries allow him to be an incredible initiator and when I get my ghostblade... You're doing near true damage with a very nice dps/chasing ability combining duskshroud and ghostblade active. Go Fratmas or even Fratmogs for incredible tanky dps initiatior! QSS or GA for last item

I played alot with AS reds and even AS quints/blues and different combos of them, but found this build to be the best for my playstyle.

I really only like movespeed quints for champs that use boots5. That 4.5% is alot more efficient on something more than boots2.

Mystletaynn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

I have ArPen reds, Armor yellows, MR or mana regen blues (dependent on jungler), and AS quints.

GrizzlyMatt

04-11-2012

Thanks guys for your input, I'm going to go with full AS reds and quints with flat armor yellows and flat MR blues for now. Thanks ^_^

Fallen Virtue

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxC View Post
Armor Pen is always an eligible choice but it will not help your jungling. Armor Pen is for more late game damage. it doesn't make a difference in the jungle and will make a tiny difference in ganks unless youre ganking someone stacking defense (probably top lane only) from the start.
ArPen runes are the exact opposite. They're for early game damage. Either you itemize for late game damage or you itemize for tankiness.

And most people take ArPen to do true damage to jungle minions, because I'm pretty sure the most they have is like 20 Armor. And there's a large difference between doing like 70-80% damage to doing 100%.

JxC

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Virtue View Post
ArPen runes are the exact opposite. They're for early game damage. Either you itemize for late game damage or you itemize for tankiness.

And most people take ArPen to do true damage to jungle minions, because I'm pretty sure the most they have is like 20 Armor. And there's a large difference between doing like 70-80% damage to doing 100%.
yea i derped on that first part, had to re-read wat i said, thanks.
i still think the arpen on creeps isn't as useful. you need 10% to deal true dmg to creeps, but by using marks, you lose out on something else, which means you don't necessarily kill them faster. not to mention, some of the champs listed should have the 10% armor pen from masteries already, unless you go with 0/21/9 for everything which is kind of silly.