Does anyone else find LeBlanc to be not that great of a pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

04-08-2012

For the role of an AP going top, I rarely ever see LeBlancs having much success. I found that my games with her. They can instagib the squishy, however I find that more often than not, LeBlanc doesn't really do much against anything that builds mr. She used to be my main on crystal scar as well, but I've also been noticing that I've been having a lot of difficulty with her lately. I just find it weird because she's considered one of the better mages on this map. I feel like I'd much rather Kassadin, Ahri, Fizz or Ryze top instead of her.

Any thoughts from you guys?

Wyvernfist

04-08-2012

Void staff?

Genericke

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvernfist View Post
Void staff?
There's a few issues with this however. LB has to build some AP early game in order to do the damage that she needs to take down whatever squishy they might have on their team. This means an early deathcap, or a haunting guise. Something along those lines.

At the same time, she really needs cooldown reduction, which many people get from building a DFG on her. This is fine however it doesn't have much AP on it, and it does nothing for her survivability.

Finally, she does need survivability. She depends on her w to give her the mobility that she needs to stay alive in teamfights. At the same time, she also needs it to do damage, which means flashing right into the enemy, either to get in range, or to proc a sigil of silence. This is bad considering its long cooldown. This means building something like Rylai's.

Typically on LB I start off with a ring and boots, rush a deathcap, and then build a DFG. After that it's Rylai's or Void Staff depending on how the enemy team is building.

I feel like she doesn't scale as well as ahri who has AP scaling true damage, which keeps her relevant to targets other than the enemy team's squishy. While her mobility is on a longer cooldown, she gets three dashes for those important teamfights, which gives her a lot more options than LB.

Kassadin as well has insane mobility compared to her, with his ult being on a much shorter cooldown, and an AoE slow.

Argodis

04-08-2012

LeBlanc doesn't need survivability. She has plenty in her kit. Just play better.

CDR is a luxury. It's nice to have but not necessary.

My LeBlanc build is Sorc Shoes, Prospector's, Deathcap, Void Staff. Think I have about a 70% win rate with LeBlanc.

Doesn't matter if they build MR, they still die.

Edit: LeBlanc should prioritize ganking and avoid team fighting with your team if possible.

Shaxtenn

04-08-2012

I find LB struggles to do her job against bruisers, and they're so popular. That's my #1 problem with her.

If you manage to get into position without getting wrecked first, you can instagib a squishy enemy ranged AD or mage at any point from mid-game onwards.

Nuking someone from full to dead is LeBlanc's role. You should build to succeed at this role IMO. DFG has LeBlanc's name all over it. If you're building a ROA, or Rylai's, or WOTA, or any boots but sorc shoes, you're trying to build her for a different role, and you should play a different champion if that's what you want to do - because they'll do it better.

She's a good champion. She's not a universally good pick in the same way Ryze/Kass are.

My normal build starts boots + ring (I like to be able to spam spells without running out before we cap top, and I like having more than 600 health). Then sorc shoes, haunting guise, DFG, deathcap. And then whatever I need, which is usually void staff, abyssal, or hourglass.

I really like haunting guise for the extra bit of health without sucking up as much health as a ROA or Rylai's, and it brings me to 49 + 15% mpen.

I haven't yet tried out rushing straight to the Deathcap. It's probably a good idea though.

Laurix

04-08-2012

Sounds like a player problem, not a champion problem.

SoSalty

04-08-2012

Leblanc is a better pick than some other champions.

IMSOJUICY

04-08-2012

I like her pants. Or lack thereof

GeneralDirection

04-09-2012

"For my next trick, I'll make their life bar disappear."

Yup.

Of course, like most things in life, the best magic is the hardest to find!

Wolfalisk

04-09-2012

The secret to LB in Dominion is spell vamp (Revolver>WotA), then DFG or Evil Tome before Deathcap even comes to into play.

LeBlanc has some problems very early on in Dom, but due to her extremely high base damage, requiring hard AP is not one of these problems. Rushing Deathcap on LB is a noob trap. I've played her enough on Dom to know it's a very mediocre path. The other items give you more than just AP, and allow you to have some health and mana sustain. The Deathcap rush is a very "kill someone then go back" style for LB that will often not work because you're evening out the situation by having to go back after every engagement.