Research & Learning & Paying Attention to PROS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Novi NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

Skill > elo hell/op&up champs/leavers/afk'ers/trolls/feeders...

I've basically come to the conclusion that almost everything that I've seen people complain about, is relatively false, I now understand there will be some broken matches, however most losses will be my fault.

I hope more and more people will begin to realize that they are not the best player in LoL, and when they lose, it might be their fault, and force themselves to improve.

Just sharing :))

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

Most people never get better because when they lose, its clearly not their fault. Well I had a positive score, so it was someone else's fault we lost that game.

Instead, you should be looking at the game like, hey, here is where Warwick initiated, I was slow to follow up and he died for nothing because of it. Here is where I should have zoned them out of baron and not let them steal like they did. Stuff like that. The game is much more than score...Some of the best games I've played I've gone negative, but was the reason our team won.

Liquid forge

04-08-2012

I would completely agree, climbing ELO can be hard but just remember the people you are playing with do actually have feelings (yea IKR wow) a positive attitude and good team communication plays a big factor in winning games

LemonPepsiKing

04-08-2012

Have to agree. Play enough games and your skill will match your elo accordingly.

Sentient23

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElf View Post
Most people never get better because when they lose, its clearly not their fault. Well I had a positive score, so it was someone else's fault we lost that game.

Instead, you should be looking at the game like, hey, here is where Warwick initiated, I was slow to follow up and he died for nothing because of it. Here is where I should have zoned them out of baron and not let them steal like they did. Stuff like that. The game is much more than score...Some of the best games I've played I've gone negative, but was the reason our team won.
yeah ive started to notice these things more and more, that instead of just saying 'my team was bad' or 'that top player fed' ive started to realize that even if i am the bot ad carry/support there are still things i can do about it before it becomes a major problem. i dont follow a pro scene or anything, and i guess i would benefit a lot from reviewing my own replays, but i just have a better sense of what could, what does, and what is, going to go wrong while i am at a certain position.

also if im running into trouble with a bad matchup, its happened where i saw tryndamere and lee sin picked on the enemy team, so i countered tryndamere at solo top and it just happened that lee sin was playing top and i foolishly (by a sliver) lost a few crucial exchanges due to being inexperienced vs lee sin top. that game ended in disaster because the 3-man queue completely ignored me the whole time, and then seemed to not understand why they lost (rage rage rage).

Krosan

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElf View Post

At the same time, can't one get better by gaining skill at sizing up situations and such? "Here is where Warwick initiated, but it was a bad engage and we would have both died for nothing if I'd followed up immediately" can be just as valuable as knowing that you need to train yourself to follow up on initiates more rapidly.

EDIT: I mean more "recognizing a bad engage, because you can look at your map and Warwick didn't," more than "it's okay, Warwick was just bad".