Why people never buy AR or MR in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1429332aa9b633

11-23-2011

My last game should have been a piece of cake...
We're teamed up against Akali, Kat, LeBlanc, Kayle and Mundo...
Except Mundo, they all do magic damage. I said in the team chat it should be quite easy to protect against it.
Yet no one buys MR and they all stack damage items while getting slaughtered...
We won in the end, but it was quite ridiculous, I was the only one who could survive during a team fight and finish the enemies off.

Fingerer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Do you want a cookie? You have a better understanding of the game than they do. Welcome to game mechanics.

Jk I'm just being an ass ^_^.

frumper

11-23-2011

Did you make a comment in team chat that hey, they're 90% MR, buy some MR guys and we'll destroy them? Also mentioning a specific item is smart, wits end, spirit visage, and fon can fit into alot of people's builds.

Never really had a team that didn't buy some mr or armor when I point it out... Same goes for tenacity when they have 4+ CC...

mojib

11-23-2011

Honestly, you could repeat yourself until your face turns blue, but some people just never get it in their heads to get a bit of survivability. It's just the mindset of a lot of people that they have to do OP DAMAGE and KILLKILLKILL. Let's just call these people cannon fodder. Ironically, since it sounds like you build more balanced items you get to play clean up crew and pick up the kills while they end up meatshielding for you.

Argodis

11-23-2011

That's what make assassins so good on Dominion.

No one buys defensive items.

I went 0-7 at bot lane as MF against Fizz. He continued to buy damage items but once I completed my IE and Odin's Veil, he could no longer beat me.

FDru

11-23-2011

So everyone on your team built glass cannon and you won, and you're complaining they didn't buy defense?

Ooookay.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
So everyone on your team built glass cannon and you won, and you're complaining they didn't buy defense?

Ooookay.
I think his point was it should've been a cakewalk if people grabbed some MR . Hexdrinker is frickin amazing, as is Wit's end

Raxiroth

11-23-2011

I've had games where the entire opposing team was AD, yet no one on my team would buy anything with armor on it. I'll often make a suggestion about buying AR or MR at the beginning of the game, but it's pretty rare to have anyone take good advice.

All you can really do is wait for them to start saying how, "This <insert random AS AD champ> is sooo OP," then suggest again that they purchase a thornmail, frozen heart, ect in a civil way.

IS1429332aa9b633

11-23-2011

@frumper: yep, I told them before the game starts to buy MR because the other team was full of AP. I didn't specify any items since it depends on the champions (wit's end, hexdrinker, other)
I played Skarner and bought merc treads, wit's end and veil.

@Argodis: well, I do buy resistance on Yorick, then Talon and Graves QQ when they try to dive me under my tower and don't understand how I could kill both ^^;

@FDru: it was a lucky win, something like 0-87, and I think their LeBlanc went afk... I carried the game hard with Skarner, I had 400 more points than the second, it was a lucky game.

deathofbarney

11-23-2011

I like the all ad champs that dont realize I have thornmail on shyvana who slaughter themselves on me