Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you like this Idea

Yes 104 69.33%
Possibly, but not sold on the idea. 26 17.33%
No 20 13.33%
Voters 150 .

Idea to eliminate quiter/afk issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ISABI54MU5

09-18-2010

Quote:
apy:
Then everyone leavers will just leave 2 games a week every week

Well, at least they will finally be limited. As it stands they can leave way more than twice a week. Which do you like better?

Kamikaze kae

09-18-2010

They do need to do something more to people who leave what stops me from before i go out i start a game and leave im sure tons of people find this funny.
Maybe they have 30 min till work but they still need to do the 3 S's Showers Shaves ****s so done and 25min later they reconnect give some Bs excuss and still try to recive the lose which they still get IP and Xp
THEY NEED TO STOP MAKING CHAMPIONS AND FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!

Zedilurk

09-18-2010

Wouldn't been doing my job (not that I have one) if I didn't point out the obvious flaw. If for example, lets say, someone leaves a match because their team is absolutely rude and mean and a horrid experience, well thats ok, no one likes that, but you just received Strike 1. Now lets say you enter a new match, and you go in, and accidentally step on the power chord, pulling it out, and disconnecting you, and your team surrenders before you can come back. You have just received Strike 2. Now lets say you are having a bad week and you enter another match, suddenly, the power goes out. Well sir, you can't get back on with no power and no internet, sorry, you have just received Strike 3 and are flagged. Now you are stuck in the afk/leaver server where you will be lucky to find a team of all 3 people, which will cause rage, frustration, and displeasure (possibly resulting in the quitting of the game) as well as the fact that you will now spend the next week playing 2v1, 3v1, 3v2, 2v2 due to the leavers that are leaving simply because they'd like to see the game crash and die.

Building on this, there is another game for computer. It is an MMORPG. It's name is "Guild Wars." This game is fairly balanced, but doesn't have the fun aspect of LoL. However, it has virtually no leavers. Why is this? They are managed with a clever system known as Dishonor.

What is dishonor?
*Very simply, dishonor is a system that counts a players leaves within a 1 hour period (1-hour as game times last ~3 minutes). After receiving 2 counts of dishonor (leaving a game before it's completion) the player will be given a penalty of time NOT allowed to play the game. Not a ban of any type, simply an inability to enter a game. This time grows as the player leaves more. For example, 2 counts of dishonor will lead to a 10 minute period in which one can not participate in battles. Upon the second receiving of 2 counts, the player's time will be boosted to 15 minutes, and so on.

My LoL Proposal...
*League of Legends run about 30-45 minute matches in 3v3, and 45-1 hour in 5v5, depending on the individual aspects of each match. This runs longer than the usual 3 minute time of Guild Wars. Therefore, while in 1 hour, a player may play as many as 15-20 games with wait time in Guild Wars, in LoL, a player would be lucky to play as many as 10 per day. This being said, due to increased match length, increase the time limit to 3 days, and the dishonor count to 3. Therefore, a person must leave 3 matches, in 3 days (or 1 each day) to receive this penalty.

*As connection is often an issue, and no one likes to receive a dishonor point for a disconnect, a player should be given the option to be pardoned by his party. For example,
a player disconnects from the game after playing 15 minutes and can not return to the match for whatever reason. Upon the player's next log on, on the main menu, a count box saying "You have received x counts of dishonor for abandoning your team in the heat of battle." will be shown. Upon clicking on this, match details will show up including your team's party names and the option to ask for a pardon. If you receive a majority of pardons (3/5 or 2/3, you of which will already be counted as a pardon) you will have your dishonor count removed. However, if a player is reported for misuse of the pardon system, he/she will lose his abilities to pardon players and will automatically be voted in as a "No Answer Available." If a majority is not reached, the player will maintain his dishonor point. If a team has players who have had their pardon system removed, the remaining members will be used to pardon the player. For example, in a 5v5, only 4 members on your team can vote, and you yourself are excluded, leaving 3 people able to vote. If one receives 2/3 of the remaining votes, he will be pardoned. If 2 people are unable to vote, then the situation would call for a 2 man pardon where both people will be required to pardon you (2 being required to avoid a friend simply voting yes and removing your pardon).

TTS Zubat

09-19-2010

I award you +1 internets, good sir. Enjoy.

ISABI54MU5

09-21-2010

Quote:
Vhang inTact:
Wouldn't been doing my job (not that I have one) if I didn't point out the obvious flaw. If for example, lets say, someone leaves a match because their team is absolutely rude and mean and a horrid experience, well thats ok, no one likes that, but you just received Strike 1. Now lets say you enter a new match, and you go in, and accidentally step on the power chord, pulling it out, and disconnecting you, and your team surrenders before you can come back. You have just received Strike 2. Now lets say you are having a bad week and you enter another match, suddenly, the power goes out. Well sir, you can't get back on with no power and no internet, sorry, you have just received Strike 3 and are flagged. Now you are stuck in the afk/leaver server where you will be lucky to find a team of all 3 people, which will cause rage, frustration, and displeasure (possibly resulting in the quitting of the game) as well as the fact that you will now spend the next week playing 2v1, 3v1, 3v2, 2v2 due to the leavers that are leaving simply because they'd like to see the game crash and die.

Building on this, there is another game for computer. It is an MMORPG. It's name is "Guild Wars." This game is fairly balanced, but doesn't have the fun aspect of LoL. However, it has virtually no leavers. Why is this? They are managed with a clever system known as Dishonor.

What is dishonor?
*Very simply, dishonor is a system that counts a players leaves within a 1 hour period (1-hour as game times last ~3 minutes). After receiving 2 counts of dishonor (leaving a game before it's completion) the player will be given a penalty of time NOT allowed to play the game. Not a ban of any type, simply an inability to enter a game. This time grows as the player leaves more. For example, 2 counts of dishonor will lead to a 10 minute period in which one can not participate in battles. Upon the second receiving of 2 counts, the player's time will be boosted to 15 minutes, and so on.

My LoL Proposal...
*League of Legends run about 30-45 minute matches in 3v3, and 45-1 hour in 5v5, depending on the individual aspects of each match. This runs longer than the usual 3 minute time of Guild Wars. Therefore, while in 1 hour, a player may play as many as 15-20 games with wait time in Guild Wars, in LoL, a player would be lucky to play as many as 10 per day. This being said, due to increased match length, increase the time limit to 3 days, and the dishonor count to 3. Therefore, a person must leave 3 matches, in 3 days (or 1 each day) to receive this penalty.

*As connection is often an issue, and no one likes to receive a dishonor point for a disconnect, a player should be given the option to be pardoned by his party. For example,
a player disconnects from the game after playing 15 minutes and can not return to the match for whatever reason. Upon the player's next log on, on the main menu, a count box saying "You have received x counts of dishonor for abandoning your team in the heat of battle." will be shown. Upon clicking on this, match details will show up including your team's party names and the option to ask for a pardon. If you receive a majority of pardons (3/5 or 2/3, you of which will already be counted as a pardon) you will have your dishonor count removed. However, if a player is reported for misuse of the pardon system, he/she will lose his abilities to pardon players and will automatically be voted in as a "No Answer Available." If a majority is not reached, the player will maintain his dishonor point. If a team has players who have had their pardon system removed, the remaining members will be used to pardon the player. For example, in a 5v5, only 4 members on your team can vote, and you yourself are excluded, leaving 3 people able to vote. If one receives 2/3 of the remaining votes, he will be pardoned. If 2 people are unable to vote, then the situation would call for a 2 man pardon where both people will be required to pardon you (2 being required to avoid a friend simply voting yes and removing your pardon).

Your Idea of a "dishonor" system is another grand Idea. To your First point; I find all 3 of those situations to be your responsability. 1- Its not RIOTS or your teamatees fualt that you cant be the bigger man and stick out a game with bad teamates. 2 - Its not RIOTS or your teamates fualt that your cord came unplugged. 3 - Its not RIOTs or your teamates fualt that the power went out. These things are your responsability, and yet (accidental or not) you expect your teamates to take punishment while you get a free ride? Sir, I absolutely dissagree. Also, the way the system is set up, unless these types of "accidents" are a common occurence (really making them habbitual situations as opposed to real accidents) Then you should not run into a situation where this would flag you for any extended period of time. If these "accidents" are causing you to be disconnected on a regular basis, then do the mature thing and sort out your Connection issues (cause thats your responsability) before you decide to log in and ruin matches for other players.

Seriously people, how many excuses are you gonna make with the intention of putting the burden of YOUR responsability on everyone else?

Urushiel

09-21-2010

Honestly, you got a head on a right place. Very nice idea, Riot just think about that and embody that to a game. Peace

0bese No Lifer

09-21-2010

You do realize not everyone is raging/leaving? they may die first then Disconnect.

It maybe Lag, then they can't reconnect then the client crashes (happens to me heaps)

Something popped up (get called into work, get invited to lunch) or do you say no sorry I can't come, I'm playing LoL.

If you're lagging and you say you're lagging and may DC your team SHOULD be able to excuse you from the match, I mean you don't get a leave.

Also, leavers should get a 3 hour account ban basically you get a leave, you can't play for 3 hours AFTER that match is over. just an idea.

ISABI54MU5

10-01-2010

Quote:
0bese No Lifer:
You do realize not everyone is raging/leaving? they may die first then Disconnect.

It maybe Lag, then they can't reconnect then the client crashes (happens to me heaps)

Something popped up (get called into work, get invited to lunch) or do you say no sorry I can't come, I'm playing LoL.

If you're lagging and you say you're lagging and may DC your team SHOULD be able to excuse you from the match, I mean you don't get a leave.

Also, leavers should get a 3 hour account ban basically you get a leave, you can't play for 3 hours AFTER that match is over. just an idea.

I believe I have answered this question already. Unless Game server crashes on RIOTS end, all the aformentioned are your responsability. If these are a constant issue, then your playing the wrong game.

Kablammicus Max

10-01-2010

gee thanks for reiterating the idea I posted 9 threads ago