Do you like this Idea

Yes 104 69.33%
Possibly, but not sold on the idea. 26 17.33%
No 20 13.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Idea to eliminate quiter/afk issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rustea

08-23-2010

I'm so glad that something is in the works to change this problem. i have personally had my ranked game record ruined because i lost several games just because someone afked or left in the game. It's really irritating losing with no fault of yourself and just being out-manned because some guy leaves and essentially causes your loss.

CanadaKiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-24-2010

I thought about that, and i have an idea. Do not put marks or something. For example game 5 vs 5 one man left. Team will be able to make a vote *Restart the game* or just *End the game* without defeat but with new player.
Leaver will have *leave* with *defeat* in his profile and statistic.

A Retarded Clown

08-24-2010

well many times, random stuff pops up...especially when u don't want others to knw ur playing. On top of that, there are sometimes 1 1/2 hour games when u expected abt 40 min wrap up.

ISABI54MU5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
well many times, random stuff pops up...especially when u don't want others to knw ur playing. On top of that, there are sometimes 1 1/2 hour games when u expected abt 40 min wrap up.
When stuff pops up it is still your responsability. Lack of preperation is no excuse. You should know games can take up to 1 1/2, yet seem it ok to only prepare for 40 min. This is just irresponsible. Thus, if there is an actual punishment, maybe you will schedual your games when you can actually finish them.

Kamikaze kae

08-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
Give 1 hour for a game min if you dont have an hour dont do it and ive played 300 games and about only 5 and come on people 1000 views yet not that many votes if you dont vote that means you dont care then you cant complain

Matija Dogan

08-25-2010

The idea is pretty straightforward and simple. It could actually work. The 10% EXP/IP bonus for not leaving for 12 weeks is pushing it. But everything else fits.

biodecay

08-25-2010

I think it's a great idea, but needs one minor modification: those with flags shouldn't be placed into a SEPARATE queue, they should just be matched with lower priority to players without flags. E.g. lets say there are 100 people in the automatch system and 30 of them are flagged. You join a queue but there are only 3 appropriate players of a similar level to you. The system automatically takes that other level 30 player with the leaves, adjusts their "appropriateness" down proportional to how unreliable they are, and then picks the best match from the remaining pool. Perhaps you end up with that level 28 player with a flawless record, or still with the leaver.

I also see no reason to make it a cumulative threshold if we're using ranking; just penalise an account more the more flags it has, essentially lowering the effective level of a player when they leave games a lot.

apy

08-25-2010

Then everyone leavers will just leave 2 games a week every week

Kerstley

08-25-2010

It will never happen if leavers and quitters (which I swear to god there is one in every match I play has caused me to quit playing random and play with ppl I know) will never be banned etc. There was this guy that had 350 leaves the other day and his account was still active I even come across people with over 100 leaves and are still activate. Wanna know why? Because they bought RP you can be the biggest ******* have ther most leaves be reported a million times but if have spent $10 for RP you are safe because we all Riot wants money and who can blame for wanting to make money off something they made.

ISABI54MU5

09-18-2010

This Idea is probably the most balanced way to eliminate the majority of the problem. Thus we need to keep this thread alive to draw more attention to it.