Do you like this Idea

Yes 104 69.33%
Possibly, but not sold on the idea. 26 17.33%
No 20 13.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Idea to eliminate quiter/afk issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunnky

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjuri View Post
eh, they kinda already did the ip thing with the "bonus ip for a streak of finishing games and not leaving"

on top of that sometimes people who leave the game it really isnt their fault, games for me usually take an hour, and if i had to go somewhere halfway through a game i wouldnt just leave the computer there on, i'd turn it off.
Then why would u even join a match knowing you have to leave possibly during the match?

HighlordSarnex

08-22-2010

only thing i can see bad about this is my router cuts out sometimes and would really piss me off if i got flagged like this but other than that i like the system

rumsey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISABI54MU5 View Post
Your right it is harsh. But only to people who quit the most. If your gonna quit 3 games a week, enough times that this puts you on the quiter que for months. Then most people dont wanna play with you. This is the problem being adressed. Its simple, if your a quiter, you are doing just as much damage as the 0-7 yi. The solution is NOT to be part of the problem. If this is your mentality, then we hope this system will be harsh on you. If you have other stuff to do, like homework, etc., then WHY ARE YOU PLAYING A GAME. Look, people want to play the game to have fun. Just cause your losing or end up with a bad team, so what it happens. And yes, if people end up flagged long enough, they will quit playing the game, because thats what quiters do. Quiters are the problem, so good ridence imo.
Your plan seems alright but needs some tweaks.
1) change "3 games a week" from a flat number to a percentage
2) all flags/tags whatever the hell disappear after a week if you are below the number. (ie: in your example, having 2 flags at the end of the weeks would drop you back to 0)

Armorgator

08-22-2010

i think they should fix the game first to be stable enough to be doing any modifications. bad enough during peak hours the server goes offline or busy for 2-3 hours. but you want them to introduce new code?

acezent

08-22-2010

I totally agree that this should happen. I had 2 afkers in a game and still had a better score than all the players on the winning team and my elo score still went down. Is that really fair? Not at all. I support riot 100% it is a great game and i spend money in the store on skins and what not, but i refuse to play another game till this is resolved. THIS IS REALLY JUST BULL****!!! Oh and to add to the rules that he stated above. If an account gets flagged simply dont allow them to join ranked games, only regular games. Seriously you should rethink the elo thing it really isnt fair that my score went down and i had a better record than anyone on the winning team.

Kamikaze kae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2010

Change the name of flags/tags to something that doesnt sound so alike and you can also get tags if you get more the 3 complaints in a game (example people feeding on purpose,very rude and crude comments people who go afk cause the rest of the team doesnt want to surrender) also have 3 or more flags suspend thier account for a week

can we also make something so people we play with that do feed or are rude we can put on a do not play with list so we dont get in a game with them right after we just finished

Kamikaze kae

08-22-2010

And maybe instead of week go with games played 10 without any reports remove 1 flag (cause if you only play 1 game a week and leave in it against a guy who played 100 games in a week and gets DCed from 1 shouldnt suffer the same fate as the jerk who plays 1 game in a day and quits)

DKiller92

08-23-2010

I can seriously enjoy the effects of this system. Not only would it cut on the leavers, but it will also remove those AFK hosts in practise matches...

AND the good guys get a reward? Im in.

ISABI54MU5

08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze kae View Post
Change the name of flags/tags to something that doesnt sound so alike and you can also get tags if you get more the 3 complaints in a game (example people feeding on purpose,very rude and crude comments people who go afk cause the rest of the team doesnt want to surrender) also have 3 or more flags suspend thier account for a week

can we also make something so people we play with that do feed or are rude we can put on a do not play with list so we dont get in a game with them right after we just finished
the problem with your idea, is that any time you give that kind of power to the player, it is almost always abused. And the problem people are the ones who will abuse it the most. Let feeders and mouthy players be taken care of with a seperate system. This particular problem should be solved with as little player interaction as possible. Otherwise, you will have good players being penalized for things they didnt do. It always seems to happen that way. In WoW i have seen players removed from grps for the dumbest things. It becomes more about who has more friends than who "needs" to be punished. Thats why I tried to keep it based as much on pure data evidence as possible.

ISABI54MU5

08-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armorgator View Post
i think they should fix the game first to be stable enough to be doing any modifications. bad enough during peak hours the server goes offline or busy for 2-3 hours. but you want them to introduce new code?
I agree with this 100%. However, it doesnt hurt to present an idea for future developement. I still feel that people who have internet that cuts out on them should take the responsability to realize that the fualt for leaving still falls on them. Why should some players have to get stuck with losing because a teamate has a lousy connection. However, for issues that lie on the server end, players should not be penalized. Thus I think that your opinion should not be overlooked.