Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you like this Idea

Yes 104 69.33%
Possibly, but not sold on the idea. 26 17.33%
No 20 13.33%
Voters 150 .

Idea to eliminate quiter/afk issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akai Tsuki

08-15-2010

Quote:
Durugon:
This sounds great, I'm sure, to those of you that never leave.

However your plan makes it so that life sucks for anyone who gets a flag.

Further, your plan is SIGNIFICANTLY HARSHER on those who play the most.

Perhaps theres a dude who plays maybe once or twice a week, and doesn't really care, he leaves all the time. But due to his low volume played, wont end up in the leaver queue.

On the other hand, lets take a guy who plays 2-3 matches a day, I mean, he really likes spending his weekends playing the game. And hes got a 0-7 Yi or whatever on his team, his team doesn't call MIAs, doesn't pay attention, just doesn't really care. Our man here has things to do, like homework, chores, exercise, so he opts to take care of them and play a legit game afterwards..

This happens twice in a week of over 12-15 games. Then next week it happens twice again. Suddenly this good player who loves to play the game, is stuck in a queue that never fires with people who don't want to play for a week. Chances are those games aren't worth playing, would you play them? Hes going to get even more tags here. I absolutely would.

Suddenly our well-intentioned league of legends player is for all practical intents and purposes permanently banned from normal queues, and from the game for that matter as your reject queues wont work.

Your system is flawed. if you don't want newbs, play arranged team

QFT.

Also, the group of people that will get flagged will never find a fair match again (after waiting for half an hour) since that group is so small, effectivelly making them either quit for a week to be thrown back in normal que or sit it out, which is extremely frustrating and makes potential RP buyers quit the game. If they go smurf instead new costumers will be abused even more by more experienced players, and that is not wanted either.

Ideas like these look nice in theory, but they don't work in practise at all. Sorry.

EDIT: since when does Edit post a new reply? :/

ISABI54MU5

08-20-2010

Your right it is harsh. But only to people who quit the most. If your gonna quit 3 games a week, enough times that this puts you on the quiter que for months. Then most people dont wanna play with you. This is the problem being adressed. Its simple, if your a quiter, you are doing just as much damage as the 0-7 yi. The solution is NOT to be part of the problem. If this is your mentality, then we hope this system will be harsh on you. If you have other stuff to do, like homework, etc., then WHY ARE YOU PLAYING A GAME. Look, people want to play the game to have fun. Just cause your losing or end up with a bad team, so what it happens. And yes, if people end up flagged long enough, they will quit playing the game, because thats what quiters do. Quiters are the problem, so good ridence imo.

ISABI54MU5

08-20-2010

This game is designed for a large Group of people. It was not designed to suit you. In RIOT's developement of the game, they decided to punish quiters. In other words, RIOT thinks quiters should be punished. The purpous of punishment is to correct poor behavior. The current system is inefficient at doing this. Like I said before, the flag/tag system is fair enough to the majority of players. It is harsh against perpetual quiters. If this makes you angry, you are most likely the latter.

ikeblade

08-20-2010

let the voice of the community be heard!

EequaltoMC2

Recruiter

08-21-2010

This is an awesome idea, though i am not completely sold. On my patch of ELO, players only quit when they need to. Maybe if there was a peer to peer forgiveness i.e. the rest of the team /forigives the person leaving 1/2 a tag

CanadaKiller

Recruiter

08-21-2010

I thought about that, and i have an idea. Do not put marks or something. For example game 5 vs 5 one man left. Team will be able to make a vote *Restart the game* or just *End the game* without defeat but with new player.
Leaver will have *leave* with *defeat* in his profile and statistic.

T3h Pr0dIGy

08-21-2010

I think the basic system with the flag is very useful, but they should be given on a leave percentage ratio, this would not punish people who get surprising calls etc. as much but still would punish the people who leave on a regular basis.

Kashaku

08-22-2010

So... let me give you the following example:

A hardcore dedictated LOLer plays 1000 games a week. Sadly, he has to go to the bathroom because he can only eat fastfood thus he is away for 15 minutes. He receives a tag for that game. This happens 4 times a week. Thus he 'quitted' 0.4% of all the games he played.

Now, we got an angry 12 year old kid, who plays this game only twice a week. He purposely quits any game he plays (from the very beginning), so that it's always a 4v5 game before the minions have spawned. Thus he quitted 100% of all the games he played.

Yet, the angry kid doesn't get punished, while the hardcore LOLer does.

Thus if you want a timer that badly, also add one that looks at the amount of games you played, before applying/removing tags/flags.

moocowofdoomfly

08-22-2010

What about all my leaves due to server failures? I've racked up 4 leaves in the past few weeks due to the servers going down.

Kashaku

08-22-2010

Quote:
moocowofdoomfly:
What about all my leaves due to server failures? I've racked up 4 leaves in the past few weeks due to the servers going down.

Oh yea... I forgot about that one. I got my first and latest leave because I queue dodged in a NORMAL (thus NOT RANKED) game.