Do you like this Idea

Yes 104 69.33%
Possibly, but not sold on the idea. 26 17.33%
No 20 13.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Idea to eliminate quiter/afk issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ISABI54MU5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Barky View Post
Same with all other ideas like this, it means a potential imbalance in matchmaking. Good idea though!
Could you please explain this? I do not see any detrimental effect that this would have on matchmaking.

VampireCoffee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2010

This is an excellent idea.

Kureno

08-11-2010

This is a brilliant suggestion, though something needs to be worked out who drop out against their will due to connection errors and the such. My 2 or 3 leaves are all at fault of that and I'd rather not be forced to play people who leave on purpose for it.

JetstreamYasuoGG

08-12-2010

Bloody briliant.

BACKSTABUUU

08-12-2010

Good idea but there's a problem, lots have people have crashing or disconnection issues with this game, there'd have to be some sort of way to distinguish an accidental d/c from a ragequit, I certainly don't want to be punished because the client is unstable on my computer.

Pyrolistical

The 3

Recruiter

08-12-2010

Doesn't need to be so cut and dry, causes a few problems. People with bad internet that drop, say 10%, of their games. They would be constantly bouncing between flagged and not flagged. When they go to your LoL penal colony they will be among people not of their kind, and yet they will still ruin the gameplay for those of us that do not leave games. A simpler solution is to track the leave percentage of a person's previous 100 games and rank them with people of similar percentages, just like ELO works. It turns the one dimensional matchmaking into two dimensional matchmaking. People with low percentage play with low percentage people, high percentage with high percentage. Everyone is happy, easy to understand solution, noone is ostracized, you are slowly forgiven for being a leaver in the past and encouraged to stick it out

Omnicis

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charityimp View Post
This is a brilliant suggestion, though something needs to be worked out who drop out against their will due to connection errors and the such. My 2 or 3 leaves are all at fault of that and I'd rather not be forced to play people who leave on purpose for it.
i hate playing with people who have a bad internet, although in a less hostile way.
im sorry, but if you frequently have problems with your connection, then i dont want to be harmed by it.

however, the rare connection issues that have to do with riot will not be enough to bring you into flag territory.

Durugon

08-15-2010

This sounds great, I'm sure, to those of you that never leave.

However your plan makes it so that life sucks for anyone who gets a flag.

Further, your plan is SIGNIFICANTLY HARSHER on those who play the most.

Perhaps theres a dude who plays maybe once or twice a week, and doesn't really care, he leaves all the time. But due to his low volume played, wont end up in the leaver queue.

On the other hand, lets take a guy who plays 2-3 matches a day, I mean, he really likes spending his weekends playing the game. And hes got a 0-7 Yi or whatever on his team, his team doesn't call MIAs, doesn't pay attention, just doesn't really care. Our man here has things to do, like homework, chores, exercise, so he opts to take care of them and play a legit game afterwards..

This happens twice in a week of over 12-15 games. Then next week it happens twice again. Suddenly this good player who loves to play the game, is stuck in a queue that never fires with people who don't want to play for a week. Chances are those games aren't worth playing, would you play them? Hes going to get even more tags here. I absolutely would.

Suddenly our well-intentioned league of legends player is for all practical intents and purposes permanently banned from normal queues, and from the game for that matter as your reject queues wont work.

Your system is flawed. if you don't want newbs, play arranged team

Akai Tsuki

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durugon View Post
This sounds great, I'm sure, to those of you that never leave.

However your plan makes it so that life sucks for anyone who gets a flag.

Further, your plan is SIGNIFICANTLY HARSHER on those who play the most.

Perhaps theres a dude who plays maybe once or twice a week, and doesn't really care, he leaves all the time. But due to his low volume played, wont end up in the leaver queue.

On the other hand, lets take a guy who plays 2-3 matches a day, I mean, he really likes spending his weekends playing the game. And hes got a 0-7 Yi or whatever on his team, his team doesn't call MIAs, doesn't pay attention, just doesn't really care. Our man here has things to do, like homework, chores, exercise, so he opts to take care of them and play a legit game afterwards..

Ideas like these are nice in theory, but they do not work at all in practise. Sorry.

This happens twice in a week of over 12-15 games. Then next week it happens twice again. Suddenly this good player who loves to play the game, is stuck in a queue that never fires with people who don't want to play for a week. Chances are those games aren't worth playing, would you play them? Hes going to get even more tags here. I absolutely would.

Suddenly our well-intentioned league of legends player is for all practical intents and purposes permanently banned from normal queues, and from the game for that matter as your reject queues wont work.

Your system is flawed. if you don't want newbs, play arranged team
QFT.

Also, the group of people that will get flagged will never find a fair match again (after waiting for half an hour) since that group is so small, effectivelly making them either quit for a week to be thrown back in normal que or sit it out, which is extremely frustrating and makes potential RP buyers quit the game. If they go smurf instead new costumers will be abused even more by more experienced players, and that is not wanted either.