Do you like this Idea

Yes 104 69.33%
Possibly, but not sold on the idea. 26 17.33%
No 20 13.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Idea to eliminate quiter/afk issue

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ISABI54MU5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2010

Everyone who plays LoL knows there are a lot of immature players out there. Some rage quit and some afk excessively. Other players are really trying and often get stuck with quiters/afk'ers, and it really makes the game less than what it should be. Why should good players have to suffer the immature? I have an idea that would be fairly simple to implement as well as fair.

The Idea: Seperate repeat quiters or afk'ers from the general que for match grp.

1 - When a person quits a match, that players recieves the standard "no XP/IP". In addition, a tag is placed on the users account. When a player recieves 3 tags, the account is flagged.

2 - Flagged players can only que up with other flagged players.

3 - Tags and flags can be removed through a time/behavior method that is lined out below:

a - Tags/flags are gained/lost on a weekly basis. In order to recieve a flag, your acct
must accumulate 3 tags within a set week. If, at the end of the week a player has
less than 3 tags, then the tags removed. If a player has accumulated 3 or more
tags, then a flag is added, and a single tag is removed.

b - If at the end of the week, a flagged account loses 1 tag. If this brings the account
under 3 tags, the flag is removed, as well as any tags. If this account account
recieves 3 tags or more during the next week, then the tags that were removed the
previous week are added onto the current amount and the flag is re-instated.
However, if a flag is removed and the player recieves less that 3 tags during the
next week, then this account returns to normal status.

c - If a player goes 4 weeks without recieving a flag, then that account recieves a pass
on his/her next tag. The pass is used up the very next time you quit a match.
This reward is essentially a 1 time free pass. These passes may be accumulated up
to a maximum of 3 passes. An account with 3 passes recieves an additional 10%
IP/XP.
4 - Players who are reported and found guilty of being AFK for an extended period of time would recieve the same penalty as if they had quit.

This idea would effectively remove repeat offenders from the general que, thus decreasing the chance that players would end up with quiters on their team. This would also allow players who leave based for a legitimate reason, a justifiable yet reasonable punishment. As flags/tags can be removed according to the guidlines, then no player is forever removed from general que.

Please think this over and vote accordingly. This is something I thought of rather quickly, so I am up for Ideas and criticism. Feedback is greatly desired.

neigeplz

08-07-2010

brilliant

HowitzerMech

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2010

This is a FANTASTIC idea. Kudos to you for organsising a system that is both fair to players who quit and to those who play fairly.

Ninjuri

08-08-2010

eh, they kinda already did the ip thing with the "bonus ip for a streak of finishing games and not leaving"

on top of that sometimes people who leave the game it really isnt their fault, games for me usually take an hour, and if i had to go somewhere halfway through a game i wouldnt just leave the computer there on, i'd turn it off.

Nhan Fiction

08-08-2010

Great idea.

ISABI54MU5

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjuri View Post
... sometimes people who leave the game it really isnt their fault, games for me usually take an hour, and if i had to go somewhere halfway through a game i wouldnt just leave the computer there on, i'd turn it off.
I understand this. However, I should point out that despite the fact that people leave for legitimate reasons, it is still Leaving the game. Take an example from work. If you get sick, you can call in to your work and request off. Most businesses allow a few days out of a year for sick leave. Yet, no business will tolerate you taking sick days all the time. Many times, getting sick can be avoided by taking better care of yourself or other means. The point is, that many times we get ourselves into situations that could have been avoided. If you know that a match takes about an hour, than you Have the option to make sure that you have an hour to play. Many times, people leave for legitimate reasons, but could have planned better.

Aside from this, this idea is not a system that will be harsh on ppl who leave occassionally for a good reason. It is designed to target repeat offenders, who are consistently quiting games. This takes into account that sometimes unexpected things come up. Yet again, unless you get 3+ emergencies every week, this system doesnt penalize you that much. If you are having 3+ emergencies every week, then you should probably be taking care of your life instead of playing this game. It has a lot to do with planning. For, whether you leave a game for a good reason, or just rage quiting, it is still a disruption of gameplay for the remaining players in that game.

Having said this, I think that the idea I suggested is both just and reasonable at the same time.

Memerto

08-08-2010

theres a similar idea in HON
when i played it in is beta stage, there was a number of game leave before u move to the "leavers list" and u can only play in games who the creator of it choose if he want to everyone can play or only the ppl who is not in the leavers list

is great have SOMETHING to help the ppl against the leavers

Leksu

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISABI54MU5 View Post
I understand this. However, I should point out that despite the fact that people leave for legitimate reasons, it is still Leaving the game. Take an example from work. If you get sick, you can call in to your work and request off. Most businesses allow a few days out of a year for sick leave. Yet, no business will tolerate you taking sick days all the time. Many times, getting sick can be avoided by taking better care of yourself or other means. The point is, that many times we get ourselves into situations that could have been avoided. If you know that a match takes about an hour, than you Have the option to make sure that you have an hour to play. Many times, people leave for legitimate reasons, but could have planned better.

Aside from this, this idea is not a system that will be harsh on ppl who leave occassionally for a good reason. It is designed to target repeat offenders, who are consistently quiting games. This takes into account that sometimes unexpected things come up. Yet again, unless you get 3+ emergencies every week, this system doesnt penalize you that much. If you are having 3+ emergencies every week, then you should probably be taking care of your life instead of playing this game. It has a lot to do with planning. For, whether you leave a game for a good reason, or just rage quiting, it is still a disruption of gameplay for the remaining players in that game.

Having said this, I think that the idea I suggested is both just and reasonable at the same time.
Totally agree with ISABI54MU5.
I always asks when my brother is getting home from work, since I always start making dinner when he is almost home. If I know that he won't be home for the next hour, then I can still make a game of LoL. If he will be home within 45 min. then I find it risky to start a new game of LoL, since it can take up to 60 min. of play.

Just by planning, I prevent leaving and therefor don't ruin others game.
If the house were on fire or a family member was involved in an accident and you had to leave, then it wouldn't really punish you, since this shouldn't happen 3 times a week.

Overall nice idea by ISABI54MU5. Thumbs up.

shiz007

08-09-2010

best idea ever ... implement it now Riot!!!

TC Barky

08-09-2010

Same with all other ideas like this, it means a potential imbalance in matchmaking. Good idea though!

12345 ... 6