Useless Power Grab

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheesus

10-22-2009

Hello,

I just played a game as Blitzcrank recently. My opponents were sivir, morgana and teemo (just naming the most important). I wasn't able to grab sivir or morgana even ONCE because of their Spell Shields, although I did both succesfuly hit them atleast 5 times throughout the game. What I WAS able to grab was Teemo's Mushrooms. The game ended pretty badly because my Power Grab was utterly useless and what the heck should a hero do without his signature skill? Blitzcrank's whole combo is screwed.

Also, you can't grab someone through the forest. Maybe this is intended, but I feel fooled if I get a successful grab through the forest and my victim just receives the damage. Same thing with spell shielded units.

The easy solution is to still let power grab pull spell shielded units to blitzcrank but not let them receive the damage. Also, let us be able to pull through the forest, please!

Layotees

10-22-2009

you can pull through the forest, but if you're pressed so closely against the forest that there's no room to put the opponent in front of you, they will stay where they are. Amumu works the same way with trying to pull through the forest at people against trees.

And there's a simple solution to spell shields, a simple solution that people don't seem to be getting about this game that is becoming much more apparent in 3v3: having teammates that compliment you will make or break you. It doesn't take much to get someone with a reasonably ranged special to dispell that shield while you lurk ready to grab in the bushes or behind the trees.

Anony

10-22-2009

Or you fail at skillshots.

EVILTeddy

10-22-2009

I'm not sure if you played Dota, but Pudge is very similar to Blitz. Pudge was able to hook yo from places you didnt imagine You just gotta learn how to grab opponents efficiently, it is not just point and click.

Keep playing.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

rocket grab is high range, stun, and pull. who can ask for anything more?

morgana shield is very short, just wait till it wears off before pull.

silvir is just good at running away, all heroes have trouble catching her straight up.

Aeonus

10-22-2009

Well the current issue with Ol Blitzy is his HIT detection
Sometimes he'll grab the champ or a minion or Nothing at all which makes no sense if you're stopped dead still facing towards something and use the ability only to have it completely fail

GNOY

10-23-2009

Morgana Shield would be nerfed as to its mechanic. It simply blocks every ****ing spell in game...

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
Hello,

I just played a game as Blitzcrank recently. My opponents were sivir, morgana and teemo (just naming the most important). I wasn't able to grab sivir or morgana even ONCE because of their Spell Shields, although I did both succesfuly hit them atleast 5 times throughout the game. What I WAS able to grab was Teemo's Mushrooms. The game ended pretty badly because my Power Grab was utterly useless and what the heck should a hero do without his signature skill? Blitzcrank's whole combo is screwed.

Also, you can't grab someone through the forest. Maybe this is intended, but I feel fooled if I get a successful grab through the forest and my victim just receives the damage. Same thing with spell shielded units.

The easy solution is to still let power grab pull spell shielded units to blitzcrank but not let them receive the damage. Also, let us be able to pull through the forest, please!
Blitz is, i'd say in the top 10 champions in this game. He is amazing if you know how to play him. Plain and simple L2Skillshot and time Power Fist right after.