Possible solution to turtle issue.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havelox

04-08-2012

What if the enemy team were to get a debuff reducing gold received from all or certain sources for each inhibitor that they lose. The debuff would end when the inhibitors would come back up.

At first I was thinking a global cut to all income sources champion kills, jungle, minions. But maybe that would leave no room for a comeback? Depending on how great the cut was?

Maybe if the only source affected is minions, so that way the enemy team can't turtle and feed off super minion spawns. It would become a hassle, not a blessing as I've seen talk on these forums that you should never take down an inhib unless you plan to win the game.
This would force the enemy team to leave the base for the jungle if they wanted gold instead of waiting for the super minion cashcow.

There are several ways you can take this depending on what gold resources are worth reducing, and by how much.

What do you guys think?

lirm

04-08-2012

No. Swap nexus and turret, make sure turret doesn't range past base wall. Problem solved

15 Minutes

04-08-2012

Rofl its so easy to counter turtling you guys just dont know it.

Sam

04-08-2012

Or . . . Lets just not take the inhibs if you guys aren't going to go full out push and end base. :O Because they can just farm off the CS constantly and bring it back to their well.

Koldheartedjsp

04-08-2012

continuing taking out inhibitors, we don't care

Anduraga

04-08-2012

1) Do not take inhibitors if you cannot take the nexus tower.

2) If inhibitors are up and they are still playing defensively (ie not straying far from the base), do not push the lanes. Keep the jungle farmed except for a few creeps near their base. Keep those in tact. When a greedy player tries to farm the nearby minion camp because the minions are pushed way back on your side, ambush him and then proceed to pushing inhibs and taking the nexus turret. This requires quite a lot of patience though. My team was sitting in the bush for like 4 minutes before their carry came around.

Havelox

04-09-2012

Well right, as most posts in this thread has pointed out we don't take the inhib until your ready to win.

I would think that the inhib should be an objective I would want to readily go for. Instead of taking both towers and waiting until they decide to come out..

Doesn't really strike me as the fast paced game play I look forward to on TT.

I feel like a few posts in this thread just read the title in the forum, and already decided on what they wanted to say.

McZwick

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havelox View Post

Doesn't really strike me as the fast paced game play I look forward to on TT.
Yes! This is what annoys me the most about turtling!

Indian0Lore

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

having a flash to jump over the wall works too.