Can someone explain why..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simply Amazing

08-10-2010

I don't know how to word this to not sound sarcastic or rude but its a genuine question with no ill-will attached.

Why would you patch anything other than bug fixes during a tournament? Especially adding a new champion?

Anyways if you could clear this up I'm sure a lot of people are thinking the same thing.

Feel a Fear

08-11-2010

While you have a good point, and really there should be a "stable" version used for tournaments, at this point there is always a tournament going on. That means that if they stopped releasing content during tournaments there would be no more content lol.

MasteR of LoL

08-11-2010

I think that new champions shouldn't be allowed, but I'm fine with balances.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Amazing View Post
I don't know how to word this to not sound sarcastic or rude but its a genuine question with no ill-will attached.

Why would you patch anything other than bug fixes during a tournament? Especially adding a new champion?

Anyways if you could clear this up I'm sure a lot of people are thinking the same thing.
Because the millions of people aside from top 1500 are concerned about purchasing and playing.

Hatori Hanzo

08-11-2010

well simply put im from Quebec i wasn't allowed to be part of the tourney and heck i have no rank anymore because of this why would i need to suffer new content being released for a tournament im not allowed being in

Simply Amazing

08-11-2010

Quite frankly Riot has 'sponsored' or 'run' two tournaments now. Both times they have chosen to release new content during the event. Last event they didn't allow new items and i can't recall if Garen was alllowed. Regardless I think a one or two week lull in the release of patches and balance tweaks to maintain a stable tournament environment should not be compromised. These changes/updates can still be worked on while an event is going on and as soon as the event is completed be patched. I'm surprised more people aren't following the same line as thinking as I am. I fully understand a lot of people aren't in the top 1500; but bugs can still be worked out.

Anyways I appreciate hearing the different points of view.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

08-11-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

New content will never stop even if there is a tournament running. It's part of our service to everyone to provide new items and content.

There are several ideas regarding a "stable" environment for tournaments that we are discussing. We will of course keep you all updated.

cy4n1ze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

h Strider

08-12-2010

is WCG a RIOT company? I didn't think it was, so for what purpose would RIOT want to halt development? it's the league's/tournament's job to ban new content if needed.

SicKisH

Adjudicator

08-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
New content will never stop even if there is a tournament running. It's part of our service to everyone to provide new items and content.

There are several ideas regarding a "stable" environment for tournaments that we are discussing. We will of course keep you all updated.
Why does that mean they HAVE to be usable in ranked play? You can still get out new content for the players who don't care about ranked without making ranked play a s%$^fest.