Writers Block and You!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fergman

04-08-2012

I'm a half decent writer, who often times has issues coming up with ideas. So... I leave it to the readers of this thread to decide what I write about. Each will be a short story, with a separate thread in this section of the forums. I will post to say whatever idea I'm running with, or a mix of ideas, then hopefully within a week have the story done.

So Summoners... Bring on the inspiration!!!

Emerald Owl

04-08-2012

A story about an Epic Yordle party.
I'm serious.
A gigantic party in Bandle City, including most of the Yordle champions, congratulation Lulu on joining the League when some very angry, very pissed uninvited Rumble and Veigar crash the party. Hilarity ensues.

dPolly

04-08-2012

Oi, fellow writer. My name is Polly. Most people thinks it's "dPolly", but that's just an evil curse on my LoL account.

I also write a lot of stories, and although my degree of skill with the english language isn't as high as that of people who have it as their mother-tongue, I'm somehow able to redact quite a few things.

Oh, but I digress. As I was saying, I also write a lot, for my mind is always full of ideas. This section of the forum is, undoubtly, full of romantic tales. I think that, if you're looking for a more original idea for your story, you should write a comedy, an epic tale, or maybe even a tragedy.

HuggableZombie

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dPolly View Post
Oi, fellow writer. My name is Polly. Most people thinks it's "dPolly", but that's just an evil curse on my LoL account.

I also write a lot of stories, and although my degree of skill with the english language isn't as high as that of people who have it as their mother-tongue, I'm somehow able to redact quite a few things.

Oh, but I digress. As I was saying, I also write a lot, for my mind is always full of ideas. This section of the forum is, undoubtly, full of romantic tales. I think that, if you're looking for a more original idea for your story, you should write a comedy, an epic tale, or maybe even a tragedy.
I have a comedy :C

Anyway. I like what Polly says and sort of agree with him/her (sorry but I'm not sure). The way I write stories is pretty much picking a random champion then going "What kind of situation could I put him/her in and make it believable" For my Disrupting The Balance, it was Akali and a romantic relationship with Shen. After I was pretty sure it was going to be a romance story, I just kept telling myself what I HAVENT seen in many romance stories. Of course, it turned out a lot of people don't write about pregnancy, so I did.

I was using DTB as an example, but here is what I just said in list form:

Pick a champion

Put them in a believable situation

Add elements you haven't seen

Write.

Relinquished Sth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

As much as I enjoy helping out fellow struggling authors, I'm a little uncomfortable suggesting something to a writer without knowing a bit more about their writing style. So, just a few questions before I try to unload ton of suggestions...

Genre of writing you're most familiar with? (Mystery, Adventure, romance?)

Any topic or topic-set you're interested in? Specific champs, locations, themes, etc.?

Anything you'd like to get more experience writing, even if you're not as familiar with it?

Mood that you tend to write with? Dark, serious, comical, etc.?

What do you tend to focus on more, plot, prose, form, etc.?

Where do you tend to get your inspiration for non-fanfiction-related writings? Other works, real-life, or does it come to you in the night?

And, finally, is there any topic/style/or whatever that you'd rather avoid?

Okay, so maybe that's more than a couple of questions. Oh well. If you're just looking for an idea well, though, I'm sure the forums can come up with a slew of ideas.

Birdy51

04-09-2012

My biggest issue is remaining focused... Even now I'm procrastinating by posting on this forum!

As for ideas, I could help you however I can. I'm also a lore nerd if you need specification on an area. I'm one of the few people who actually take the time to think about what Urgot does during his day to day life.

Jaykoboy

04-09-2012

Here's what you do:

When in doubt, the void or some off-world dimension.

It works EVERY SINGLE BLOODY TIME.

Fergman

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relinquished Sth View Post
As much as I enjoy helping out fellow struggling authors, I'm a little uncomfortable suggesting something to a writer without knowing a bit more about their writing style. So, just a few questions before I try to unload ton of suggestions...

Genre of writing you're most familiar with? (Mystery, Adventure, romance?)

Any topic or topic-set you're interested in? Specific champs, locations, themes, etc.?

Anything you'd like to get more experience writing, even if you're not as familiar with it?

Mood that you tend to write with? Dark, serious, comical, etc.?

What do you tend to focus on more, plot, prose, form, etc.?

Where do you tend to get your inspiration for non-fanfiction-related writings? Other works, real-life, or does it come to you in the night?

And, finally, is there any topic/style/or whatever that you'd rather avoid?

Okay, so maybe that's more than a couple of questions. Oh well. If you're just looking for an idea well, though, I'm sure the forums can come up with a slew of ideas.
Well essentially I work to form whatever I write to what kind of story seems to fit, though maybe not in the best way, or most expected way. For example, someone could suggest a story about say.... Miss Fortune and Gangplank, and most people would probably assume romance. However, when I think of that, I imagine more a action-drama type setting, most likely using a completely made up section of both their lives to tell a story about how they met when they were young, both as pirates, and the end result of MF being betrayed, and losing something precious to her, causing her to become a bounty hunter, and in turn join the league, to find what it is. So more a `What If` type story I suppose, but I digress.

Pretty much the point of this is to force myself to improve my writing, through the swirling abyss that is the world of the online forums. So sink or swim as it were >.>