WCG Elimination begins this Weekend!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ciellea

08-08-2010

And where are these matches being broadcast

AllenTheGreat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
To those who look forward to "Going Beyond the Game,"

We are about ready to begin the elimination stages of the WCG qualifiers. Matches will start tomorrow (Saturday)YouMeanSunday?) and feature the most talented summoners of this era. Pairings, rosters, brackets, and the final schedule will be posted tonight.

A few rule clarifications regarding seeding that we wanted to share with everyone:

--Teams will be seeded based on their team's averaged elo --The team with the higher (better) seed will be given the option to be Team A or B during games 1 & 3 of the series. The team with the lower (worse) seed will be given the option during game 2.
--Seeds will remain consistent throughout the tournament (i.e. a #16 seed will always be a #16 seed)

The below times are considered to be guidelines for when the matches can be played. All matches must be played 24 hours before the next round begins. Match times will be more strictly regulated by the tournament admin staff as the teams enter the semi-final rounds.

* Round of 64: Saturday? You mean Yesterday? August 7th @ 8PM CDT
* Round of 32: Thursday, August 12th @ 8PM CDT
* Upper Bracket R1 (16 teams): Saturday, August 14th @ 3PM CDT
* Upper Bracket R2 (8 teams): Saturday, August 14th @ 7PM CDT
* Lower Bracket R1 (8 teams): Monday, August 16th @ 6PM CDT
* Lower Bracket R2 (8 teams): Monday, August 16th @ 9PM CDT
* Lower Bracket R3 (4 Teams): Thursday, August 19th @ 6PM CDT
* Upper Bracket Semi-Finals (4 teams): Thursday, August 19th @ 6PM CDT
* Upper Bracket Finals (2 teams): Thursday, August 19th 9PM CDT
* Lower Bracket Semi-Finals (4 teams): Saturday, August 21st @ NOON CDT
* Lower Bracket Finals (Decides 4th place -- 2 teams): Saturday, August 21st @ 4PM CDT
* Consolation Finals (Decides 3rd place 2 teams): Saturday, August 21st @ 8PM CDT

North American Finals:
Saturday, September 11th -- Live in Los Angeles, CA

Good luck to all of our summoners on the battlefield.
Man, Hard to fix Errors when it's my Day off, Saturday is no-work day for me. So today being saturday2/2 I am doing good.

Pirates r 1337

08-08-2010

the sad thing is still no LoL mac client i was really hoping to play in some actually tournaments but i guess not

Longmeat

08-08-2010

I don't know if this has been asked, but will there be live streaming of the battles ?

Leonardo da Vinci

08-08-2010

can we watch? it live or something..

TheRealYouDied

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

The fact that ELO ratings were not reset when this tourney was anounced and only given 1 week for it before the qualifiers, and let alone only made it Premade 5v5.... The most talented players playing in it? I think not.... Alot of people that have talent, and prolly better then some in there don't get a shot because they don't have 4 other people to play with. Such a shame. So I get stuck with the same idiots in Solo que all day long GG

Jig McGalliger

08-08-2010

this is what we've all been waiting for

Pink Magikarp

08-08-2010

This cant be missed!!!

1ceL1zard

08-08-2010

I always pushed for Dota to become part of WCG. I'm so happy to see LoL at the WCGs!!!

KrupsMcGee

08-09-2010

So can we watch these or what?