What TT needs is an unofficial tourney

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lirm

04-08-2012

So I've been thinking about TTs predicament and I've come to the conclusion that it's unpopularity is down to a few reasons;

1. It isn't viewed as competitive
2. It isn't incentivized to play it
3. No draft normals
4. People seem to think its for lol newbs

What TT needs is exposure that contradicts all of this and puts it in a more competitive light.

To do this I think the TT community should host an unofficial TT tournament. We would need the following;

1. Promotion across the lolmunity
2. A decent reward
3. An entrants list and match schedual
4. A streamer willing to observe all games and stream them, recording the match fixtures and results in the TT forum.

I do understand that ranked already exsists, but look at how much exposure the tourneys for sr get, in addition to the ranked ladders.

I would do this myself only it would be a lot of work for one person. Also starting tomorrow for six weeks I'm working 84 hour weeks.

I've noticed a few people on the TT boards running events themselves and thought this might catch your eye.if anyone's interested in setting it up add me in game. I won't be much help for six weeks but after that, if nothing's been done, I'll be all in for it.

What doyou guys reckon, this idea a go?

Edit - the way it would work is that until the last 8 teams stand itd be a one game elimination. Once it gets to the last 8 teams it will take a best of three format.

Each game wood be a custom match, setup by the streamer with only two observers, the streamer and the judge.

How we get around the lack of draft mode is... The judge would ask each player to ban a champion. Once a player has named a champion it cannot be changed. Any team with a banned champion automatically forfeits that game (meaning disqualification for the knock out stage games).

I know this means bans will be done blind of te other teams champion rosters, but given that in official tourneys everyone gets every champion anyway, I don't see how it would differ too much.

Lotus Guardian

04-08-2012

Hey I am willing to host one I just need to raise a little money for a good prize, but yeah I want to plan something like this for a while.

lirm

04-08-2012

Sweet, do u stream? Add me in game, same name, I'll be on if and when I can or after 6 weeks

Lotus Guardian

04-08-2012

it'll be a while though give me a week or so and we can talk about it (also I cannot stream -my computers are not strong enough-)

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2012

I would be willing to help. I have an xsplit licence, a computer that can stream etc. Also you can request prize packs from riot which give RP. If you're serious about running it, message me in game, and I'll do what i can