Atma's nerf makes literally no sense.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vsin

01-27-2013

If you ask me, making it build out of an Avarice Blade was a NERF.

Yes, you get slightly better gold value out of an Avarice Blade sitting ineffectually in your inventory. But you also lose 3% crit in exchange.

Why does that matter? Because while one of the arguments earlier in the thread could be summed up as "Renekton", you also have to consider that even he uses his AAs from time to time. It doesn't help that an Avarice Blade on its own does jack diddly squat either since the GP10 is pathetic, the gold per kill renders it worse than 4 GP10 unless your farm is better than perfect, and a wad of crit without AS or AD contributes nothing.

And we haven't even mentioned the overall penetration buffs and hard drop in armor yet, while the end cost ends up identical to before. Oh, and with the loss of ~15 AD still in effect.

Seriously, I still don't get why they nerfed the output of the item. If an IE or BT lost 15 AD on them, people would be pissed and Riot would likely respond. Atma's loses 15 AD and Riot is suddenly deaf.

FancifuHarlequin

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPawwwwnch View Post
But that's the thing. This item isn't even niche. There's absolutely nobody that I'd still get it on except MAYBE gangplank. But gangplank atm isn't even viable. So there you go
Garen and AD Mundo.

Hurricaneo0oo

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifuHarlequin View Post
Garen and AD Mundo.
Yes, because AP mundo is so popular you needed to include "AD" in front on mundos name.

Goodbye to sleep

01-27-2013

I think atma's should be brought back to former glory or stronger, and have the price raised to compensate. Right now it's a late-game item that gives mid-game stats for a mid-game price. So you buy it as your 6th item? and what? You should have bought something else.

Kalarepa

01-27-2013

Riot nerfed it mostly, because tankplank was OP. But since then, they nerfed GP and released bunch of not-so-crit-dependent bruisers... everything just changed. The nerf is very outdated, imo.

FalconPawwwwnch

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
Riot nerfed it mostly, because tankplank was OP. But since then, they nerfed GP and released bunch of not-so-crit-dependent bruisers... everything just changed. The nerf is very outdated, imo.
They completely overnerfed both of them. GP now is never seen and neither is atma's. They went back on diana/rengar nerfs in one patch but they haven't admitted how badly they scared gp over.

Ozmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

FalconPawwwwnch

01-27-2013

Bump

Bastilean

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeves View Post
I understand that people like Atma's, but it was unfortunately really OP in terms of gold values. At 2000 HP it was giving the gold value of most tier 3 items, and at 3000 hp (ie. Warmog's + Atma's) it was getting silly. It has been scaling out of control and unnecessarily limits item selection because it is the clear best item in terms of what stats it is giving.

We've been messing around with a lot of new items internally recently. We really like the choices that an item like Maw of Malmortius gives right now, where these fighters can adapt to the field and build accordingly. We're looking at releasing more items of that nature going forward based on how the game is playing out.
Well would you please discuss how champions like Gank Plank and Garen affect the trend? Because I don't think this item is worth picking up. What I mean is: these champions can build straight health and get full benefit of the crit and AD on their skills.

Because of this I would like to see AS on Atma's. Also, if it costs more that's ok.

If you get it early game its not cost efficent. If you buy it late game there are better options for more money.

KotlettDrake

01-27-2013

revert nerf nao