Atma's nerf makes literally no sense.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hurricaneo0oo

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPawwwwnch View Post
Bumping this because atma's is still useless
Lower the power of health, raise the power of armor, raise the scaling on atmas. Now people are more inclined to buy atmas because armor is better and the scaling is better, but they have to make a choice as to give up more armor items to get the higher damage out of atmas and as such be squishier than if they when for items like randuins or frozen heart.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FalconPawwwwnch

Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
y necro?
Because this nerf destroyed atma's for over 8 months. It still is completely useless even after the supposed season 3 changes were supposed to make it viable again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pilige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-27-2013

The only champ Atma's makes sense on is GP... It's like the Malady of armor items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FancifuHarlequin

Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPawwwwnch View Post
Because this nerf destroyed atma's for over 8 months. It still is completely useless even after the supposed season 3 changes were supposed to make it viable again.
Was a nerf by 0.5% really that awful? So maybe its not as good on every single bruiser in the game. What of it? Try it on Garen. Or GP. Or anyone who actually uses crit effectively.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hurricaneo0oo

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifuHarlequin View Post
Was a nerf by 0.5% really that awful?
At 3000 Hp you lose 15 damage. This may not seem like a lot but you have to remember that this game relies heavily on ability scaling, so you lose a lot more damage than you think.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FalconPawwwwnch

Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifuHarlequin View Post
Was a nerf by 0.5% really that awful? So maybe its not as good on every single bruiser in the game. What of it? Try it on Garen. Or GP.
It's not worth a slot anymore, that's the problem. It gives armor, which is useless in this meta, and doesn't give nearly enough stats to be worth a slot. Even when warmogs, the highest health item, is used everygame, and STILL atma's is never used, you know something is wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FancifuHarlequin

Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconPawwwwnch View Post
It's not worth a slot anymore, that's the problem. It gives armor, which is useless in this meta, and doesn't give nearly enough stats to be worth a slot. Even when warmogs, the highest health item, is used everygame, and STILL atma's is never used, you know something is wrong.
That's my point. Its more niche. That's not to say you're wrong, though. It could certainly use some changes because, as you say, it really isn't worth a slot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalarepa

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifuHarlequin View Post
Was a nerf by 0.5% really that awful?
It was converting 2% of HP into dmg, now only 1,5%. So it wasn't 0,5% nerf, it was 25%* nerf, which is pretty massive.


*(2 - 1,5) / 2 = 0,25 = 25%


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fubby3

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarepa View Post
It was converting 2% of HP into dmg, now only 1,5%. So it wasn't 0,5% nerf, it was 25%* nerf, which is pretty massive.


*(2 - 1,5) / 2 = 0,25 = 25%
^

Riot needs to rebuff it now.

Actually, riot needs to rebuff it 8 months ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FalconPawwwwnch

Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancifuHarlequin View Post
That's my point. Its more niche. That's not to say you're wrong, though. It could certainly use some changes because, as you say, it really isn't worth a slot.
But that's the thing. This item isn't even niche. There's absolutely nobody that I'd still get it on except MAYBE gangplank. But gangplank atm isn't even viable. So there you go