Atma's nerf makes literally no sense.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yummines

Senior Member

04-11-2012

what i dont get is how the community a while ago talked about how Atmas was OP and needed a nerf

just mildy annoyed at this fickle community


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Donut Puncher

Senior Member

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummines View Post
what i dont get is how the community a while ago talked about how Atmas was OP and needed a nerf

just mildy annoyed at this fickle community

some people saying atmas needs a nerf != community.
some people saying atmas doesn't need a nerf != community.

What's that you say? People have different opinions? Then, that makes them fickle!

Derp.

Regardless, why would people strongly protest an Atma's nerf when there was no Atma's nerf? People are speaking out now because there is an actual nerf coming up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimwolff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-11-2012

The problem is its being nerfed the wrong way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chrystoff

Senior Member

04-11-2012

at my elo it's a problem, because all we see is tanky dps, and in solo queue we don't have the team comp or coordination to beat them, it's like the problem with xin back in the day, they nerf'd him because he was a god at lower elo's, and atm all tanky dps are gods at lower elo's and they all use atmas and warmogs.

edit: and don't bring up that "oh riot so dumb to balance around low elo" ****, they're just nerfing the problem until they have a good fix for the issue, and i agree it is kinda dumb, but it's still the best thing to do, since we all know how long it takes riot to complete anything now adays, and let's face it, the majority of players aren't in high elo's, i'd say 80% is below gold tier elo rating, so they need to cater to the majority to some extent, when ther's a problem at high elo they usually fix those issues faster because it effects their media and publicity because of tourny's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoctorMcPain

Senior Member

04-11-2012

An item that gives you defensive stats (armor), and gives you free offensive stats based on your HP, plus crit... that's just silly, honestly.

I like Atma's but a little nerf won't hurt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Donut Puncher

Senior Member

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystoff View Post
and don't bring up that "oh riot so dumb to balance around low elo" ****, they're just nerfing the problem until they have a good fix for the issue, and i agree it is kinda dumb, but it's still the best thing to do, since we all know how long it takes riot to complete anything now adays, and let's face it, the majority of players aren't in high elo's, i'd say 80% is below gold tier elo rating, so they need to cater to the majority to some extent, when ther's a problem at high elo they usually fix those issues faster because it effects their media and publicity because of tourny's.
And what happens when your elo picks up double ap? The problem is not the item, the problem is the players. It takes 5.3k gold for atmog and 5.5k gold for atmallet. are they really that much weaker if they build Bloodthirster+partial phantom? or for bruisers/casters bloodthirster+ghostblade? No, they are stronger than building an atma combo. The problem is not that a certain item combo is OP, the problem is how soon players are able to get that item combo at a certain level.

The people that get fed and go atma at low elo are just doing it because atma is a popular build at high elo. In reality, they don't need atmas at low elo. Atma's is for late game damage, not early game. AD carries are supposed to be good late game, but are bad late game at low elo.

If they really want to see people stop getting pub stomped at low elo, then they should make all champions strong early game weak late game. People will still get pub stomped, you just can't blame it on any one source.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimwolff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorMcPain View Post
An item that gives you defensive stats (armor), and gives you free offensive stats based on your HP, plus crit... that's just silly, honestly.

I like Atma's but a little nerf won't hurt.
imo they should remove the crit or armor, not nerf the %dmg conversion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guttler

Senior Member

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicapples View Post
this is because J4 is op.
and who wants to play a tanky character?
J4 is a 'real' tanky dps. Honestly, you don't even need to build atmas on him either, he's fine going with just a trinity force as his only damage item. Lots of other 'real' tanky dps don't nessecarily have to build atmas either, many use Wit's End as a primary damage item and items like Trinity Force and MBR were always decent items on 'real' tanky dps. I'm talking WW, Udyr, Renekton, Nasus, Irelia etc.

To me atmas nerf seems to be targeting champions that aren't real tanky dps, but people like to play them that way. Champions like Lee Sin, Nocturne, Riven, and GP. These champions were never really designed to be tanky dps, rather many of them are tagged as carries or assassins and are meant to actually build carry items. However, people liked to play them as tanky dps and you could very easily because of how much damage you got from building atmas + hp.

I'm okay with a nerf to atmas. It really doesn't effect any 'real' tanky dps, it just hurts people who like to play carries and AD casters as tanky dps, when they should really be going for different items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LizzardMan

Senior Member

04-11-2012

im okay with a nerf to atmas IF they buff warmogs to its original nerfed form...

undo the recent change to mogs please.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QQ Bro

Member

04-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimwolff View Post
imo they should remove the crit or armor, not nerf the %dmg conversion
or nerf champions on a case by case basis. lee with atmogs tends to be very very strong, mabe a tad overpowered, but it isnt atmogs that makes him op, its his kit. nerfing atmas because a few (about 3) utilize it so well its just silly. there are several balance issues with the "bruiser" class, but it is bruisers like lee sin that are the issues, not atmas and not bruisers in general.

also what people tend to forget is not only are they nerfing the late game damage of bruisers, but they are also nerfing early game resistance to magic (flat mr runes). this ensures that solo tops will be completely dominated by vlads and kennens. mark my words, thats all u will see after this patch top lane