Jungle in blind pick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anxietyyy

04-07-2012

Why do so many people always ruin games like this. In blind pick 5v5, there's always one not-so-smart person who wants to "jungle" (even though they typically don't really understand the proper mechanics of jungling ie. ganks/quick routes/buff control/warding) and they just skip through the jungle killing things at random, never ganking, never leaving, just leveling up to 18 with no assistance to the team, in the jungle, alone and useless. This also leaves the top lane 1v2, as most teams in blind pick DO NOT have a jungler, hence their lack of a jungler makes top lane a 2v2 unlike draft/ranked. So someone jungling in blind pick effectively makes your top lane a 1v2 giving your team a disadvantage, and also if the jungler doesn't know how to truely jungle (lack of ganks/buffs/warding) which 90% of the time is the case in my games (lv 25) they effectively LOSE THE GAME FOR THEIR TEAM.

Any thoughts on this? I honestly want smite removed as an option from blind pick, to stop people from ruining the games, they honestly might as well leave if they are going to do their idea of jungling which hinders teams because they are in blind pick jungling, is obviously a poor idea of how to jungle.

If anyone new to jungling sees this, DO NOT DO THIS IN BLIND PICK/RANKED, learn in draft so you do not hinder your team quite as much (mainly top lane), watch videos, learn about buff control/counter jungling/warding/jungle ganking through research before you try it.

robinisfiretruck

04-07-2012

Lol, get past summoner level 12

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

Where else are you suppose to learn how to jungle?

Anxietyyy

04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinisfiretruck View Post
Lol, get past summoner level 12
Please become intelligent enough to READ the post before you make stupid non-productive critisism. I am level 25 and I have level 30s that I am paired with doing this.

Anxietyyy

04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
Where else are you suppose to learn how to jungle?
I have an ENTIRE SECTION of the post at the end explaining where and how to learn to jungle without hurting your team anywhere near as much. Please feel free to read it before you ask next time thank you.

Ze Robster

04-07-2012

Learn how to break even 1v2, that way when you get someone new to jungling, you can hold the lane steady. Or, jungle yourself. You really shouldn't be complaining about someone trying to learn the game.

Maybe you could ask them to gank, and if they do, and the gank fails, try to explain why. Help them learn, don't just whine on the forums.

Nokthar

04-08-2012

Ummmmmm, real? When you get to level 30 and start playing ranked you'll understand what serious play is. Blind pick is a joke and meant for practicing, if I were playing a ranked game and had someone first time jungle, I would rage it like you wouldn't believe, you are meant to go into blind pick and learn the basics of jungling. Learn what these things are maybe, then coming to the forums and having a massive ***** actually tell these players what they're doing wrong? In all honestly I used to take blind pick seriously till I hit 30, then you just see the level of play jump massively from blind pick to ranked and how minor these issues really are.

Anxietyyy

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokthar View Post
Ummmmmm, real? When you get to level 30 and start playing ranked you'll understand what serious play is. Blind pick is a joke and meant for practicing, if I were playing a ranked game and had someone first time jungle, I would rage it like you wouldn't believe, you are meant to go into blind pick and learn the basics of jungling. Learn what these things are maybe, then coming to the forums and having a massive ***** actually tell these players what they're doing wrong? In all honestly I used to take blind pick seriously till I hit 30, then you just see the level of play jump massively from blind pick to ranked and how minor these issues really are.
I understand what you mean, but again, it would be better to practice in draft, so you don't put your top lane in a difficult position. I do try to explain and help these people but they are simply 10 year olds that walk around going "tralalalala" around the jungle getting 0 buffs, doing 0 ganks, hell I've even seen a few (and this is at lv 25 meaning I get matched with quite a few 30s aswell) that simply stand at wolves THE ENTIRE GAME waiting for them to respawn and kill them, rinse, repeat. While I'm playing Riven/Renekton/Trynd melee solo top against 2 people kiting/zoning me the whole time. Melee is already at a disadvantage, I can deal with 1 person trying to zone/kite me, but 2v1 is a hard task and you really underestimate how difficult it is with no ganks/support.

Anxietyyy

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze Robster View Post
Learn how to break even 1v2, that way when you get someone new to jungling, you can hold the lane steady. Or, jungle yourself. You really shouldn't be complaining about someone trying to learn the game.

Maybe you could ask them to gank, and if they do, and the gank fails, try to explain why. Help them learn, don't just whine on the forums.
Breaking even isn't acceptable to me. I play to win, and when it's 1v2 and I'm already getting zoned/kited and I ask the "jungler" for a gank and they go "huh?" or "stfu im jungling" while they camp wolves and don't grab any buffs or gank or anything productive for that matter... You cannot say that is not frustrating and being put in a bad situation. Breaking even won't win a game.

If these people want to learn how to jungle it should be ON THEM and THEIR TIME by watching videos, reading guides, and practicing AFTER they have done this research on their own in DRAFT mode, where there is an enemy jungler, and they aren't completely screwing over their top lane.

The reason this bothers me, sometimes I'm tired and I don't feel up to a draft or a ranked, and I just want to do a relaxing simple blind pick game, then I start the game and realize I now have to melee solo top against 2 people kiting me/zoning me with no support/ganks. So much for my relaxing game. And I'm not a jerk that leaves ever, so I just have to deal with someone else like that and ruin the time I wanted to spend relaxing? I'm sorry but it's my time and I don't enjoy spending MY time doing something not fun, so some random person who isn't even smart enough to learn properly can skip around the jungle doing nothing.

Personsir

04-08-2012

Um....

95% of the blind pick games I play have a jungler on both teams. 4% there's a jungler on one team.

Considering that learning to jungle in Co-op vs. AI has major downsides (no counterjungling, two jungles to play in, super easy ganks, etc.), I think blind pick is the right place to learn. Removing Smite would be awful for anyone who only plays normals.