Sivir's New Model - and Ashe's, Katarina's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McBeard

10-23-2009

Ashe's new graphics are gorgeous. The only other particles I have noticed personally is Fiddle's Dark Wind attack.

I like Sivir's model, and I like the portrait as well. Katarina's picture is a little strange, and Ashe's picture in the loading screen is...i hate to bandwagon, but, it's a little weird looking.

Loony

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2009

Same,

I love the new sivir look, Ashe in-game (not the loading screen portrait) and Kat's look is nice too!

Jpeg

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achenar View Post
Edit: Unrelated feedback - Ashe's new particle effects are bloody stunning. I love them.
i agree with this. but that is about it.

Achenar

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auralynx View Post
The outfit is fine, but I'd like the pink hair back, or at least not-black. I'm fairly sure this is indeed some sort of uniform - likely Noxian - and we'll be seeing lore about it at some point in the near future. I agree that Ashe could use some more flair bits.

Sivir's portrait is indeed not my favorite thing in the world.

Yeah, if there's lore behind it that's cool - although in that case, why are only the chicks wearing their uniforms?

I'd still like to see some colour variation - at a glance at the moment it can be difficult to distinguish between Sivir and Ashe. Maybe skins becoming available will help with that.

No Cow Level

10-23-2009

Quote:

I'd still like to see some colour variation - at a glance at the moment it can be difficult to distinguish between Sivir and Ashe. Maybe skins becoming available will help with that.
If you can't distinguish between a boomerang and a big icy bow, you need some help, broski.

Zeta

10-23-2009

Where is this new art? I hope they're not wearing even less clothing. Also, I really liked Sivir's hair as pink.

Edit: Just saw it, she kind of looks like a blatant Xena ripoff right now.

Auralynx

10-23-2009

Quote:
Yeah, if there's lore behind it that's cool - although in that case, why are only the chicks wearing their uniforms?

Again, Sivir with a non-black hair color = problem solved.

The chicks are the only ones wearing their uniforms because all the men are wearing spiderhats or are furries / monsters of some kind.

Azriel

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Cow Level View Post
If you can't distinguish between a boomerang and a big icy bow, you need some help, broski.
I completely agree with Achenar, it can be difficult to determine between Sivir and Ashe. They are not always shooting something when running toward you and either way, I think champs should be uniquely skinned and highly recognizable.

That said, as a frequent Ashe player, Sivir now looking so similar really takes away from the game for me. Being a female gamer, I love that LOL has such a variety of female champions. It is one of the reasons I switched to this game over demigod. Having 3 female champions all with the same appearance in game cheapens the game a little for me. Like Ashe is one of the generic-girl-skin champions ya know?

It isnt that I do not want Sivir to look cool, I just dont want her to look like "my" champion.

Katarina is also similarly clad, but not to the degree where I feel it takes away from the game. I did like the original skin better, especially on the loading page.

I LOVE the new Ashe particles as well. v. cute. I do not, however, like Ashe's new face on the loading screen. It is nice that she is looking toward us like the other champs instead off to the side but her face looks all boxy and manly; not as cute as the new particles that is for sure =)

Zeta

10-23-2009

They made all of the women into white chicks in black and gold armor. : ( They all look much too similar now. More variation in colors and armor design, please.

Achenar

10-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azriel View Post
I completely agree with Achenar, it can be difficult to determine between Sivir and Ashe. They are not always shooting something when running toward you and either way, I think champs should be uniquely skinned and highly recognizable.

That said, as a frequent Ashe player, Sivir now looking so similar really takes away from the game for me. Being a female gamer, I love that LOL has such a variety of female champions. It is one of the reasons I switched to this game over demigod. Having 3 female champions all with the same appearance in game cheapens the game a little for me. Like Ashe is one of the generic-girl-skin champions ya know?

It isnt that I do not want Sivir to look cool, I just dont want her to look like "my" champion.

Katarina is also similarly clad, but not to the degree where I feel it takes away from the game. I did like the original skin better, especially on the loading page.

I LOVE the new Ashe particles as well. v. cute. I do not, however, like Ashe's new face on the loading screen. It is nice that she is looking toward us like the other champs instead off to the side but her face looks all boxy and manly; not as cute as the new particles that is for sure =)
Agreed on every level. One thing I've loved about LoL so far is that it's been pretty female-friendly; there's a decent range of female heroes and they're not total vamps the way a lot of token females are.

When Ashe got reskinned, I went 'wow, that's fabulous'. When Sivir was reskinned I went 'wow, that's fabulous' but there was a distinct sense of deja vu. Standing them side by side in a couple of games at gamestart, my entire team has commented on it. Katarina is much less of a problem, but I liked her old skin better too (although perhaps with more muted hair?)

I am inclined to suggest a re-reskin of Ashe rather than Sivir; designs of characters should ideally suggest something about their battle style and black and gold don't totally suggest ice. Perhaps dark blues and silver, rather than black and gold?