Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Sivir's New Model - and Ashe's, Katarina's

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
10-23-2009

Ashe's new graphics are gorgeous. The only other particles I have noticed personally is Fiddle's Dark Wind attack.

I like Sivir's model, and I like the portrait as well. Katarina's picture is a little strange, and Ashe's picture in the loading screen is...i hate to bandwagon, but, it's a little weird looking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loony

Senior Member

10-23-2009

Same,

I love the new sivir look, Ashe in-game (not the loading screen portrait) and Kat's look is nice too!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jpeg

Senior Member

10-23-2009

Quote:
Achenar:
Edit: Unrelated feedback - Ashe's new particle effects are bloody stunning. I love them.


i agree with this. but that is about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achenar

Senior Member

10-23-2009

Quote:
Auralynx:
The outfit is fine, but I'd like the pink hair back, or at least not-black. I'm fairly sure this is indeed some sort of uniform - likely Noxian - and we'll be seeing lore about it at some point in the near future. I agree that Ashe could use some more flair bits.

Sivir's portrait is indeed not my favorite thing in the world.



Yeah, if there's lore behind it that's cool - although in that case, why are only the chicks wearing their uniforms?

I'd still like to see some colour variation - at a glance at the moment it can be difficult to distinguish between Sivir and Ashe. Maybe skins becoming available will help with that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

No Cow Level

Senior Member

10-23-2009

Quote:
Achenar:


I'd still like to see some colour variation - at a glance at the moment it can be difficult to distinguish between Sivir and Ashe. Maybe skins becoming available will help with that.


If you can't distinguish between a boomerang and a big icy bow, you need some help, broski.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeta

Senior Member

10-23-2009

Where is this new art? I hope they're not wearing even less clothing. Also, I really liked Sivir's hair as pink.

Edit: Just saw it, she kind of looks like a blatant Xena ripoff right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auralynx

Senior Member

10-23-2009

Quote:
Achenar:
Yeah, if there's lore behind it that's cool - although in that case, why are only the chicks wearing their uniforms?

I'd still like to see some colour variation - at a glance at the moment it can be difficult to distinguish between Sivir and Ashe. Maybe skins becoming available will help with that.


Again, Sivir with a non-black hair color = problem solved.

The chicks are the only ones wearing their uniforms because all the men are wearing spiderhats or are furries / monsters of some kind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azriel

Senior Member

10-23-2009

Quote:
No Cow Level:
If you can't distinguish between a boomerang and a big icy bow, you need some help, broski.


I completely agree with Achenar, it can be difficult to determine between Sivir and Ashe. They are not always shooting something when running toward you and either way, I think champs should be uniquely skinned and highly recognizable.

That said, as a frequent Ashe player, Sivir now looking so similar really takes away from the game for me. Being a female gamer, I love that LOL has such a variety of female champions. It is one of the reasons I switched to this game over demigod. Having 3 female champions all with the same appearance in game cheapens the game a little for me. Like Ashe is one of the generic-girl-skin champions ya know?


It isnt that I do not want Sivir to look cool, I just dont want her to look like "my" champion.

Katarina is also similarly clad, but not to the degree where I feel it takes away from the game. I did like the original skin better, especially on the loading page.

I LOVE the new Ashe particles as well. v. cute. I do not, however, like Ashe's new face on the loading screen. It is nice that she is looking toward us like the other champs instead off to the side but her face looks all boxy and manly; not as cute as the new particles that is for sure =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeta

Senior Member

10-23-2009

They made all of the women into white chicks in black and gold armor. : ( They all look much too similar now. More variation in colors and armor design, please.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achenar

Senior Member

10-24-2009

Quote:
Azriel:
I completely agree with Achenar, it can be difficult to determine between Sivir and Ashe. They are not always shooting something when running toward you and either way, I think champs should be uniquely skinned and highly recognizable.

That said, as a frequent Ashe player, Sivir now looking so similar really takes away from the game for me. Being a female gamer, I love that LOL has such a variety of female champions. It is one of the reasons I switched to this game over demigod. Having 3 female champions all with the same appearance in game cheapens the game a little for me. Like Ashe is one of the generic-girl-skin champions ya know?


It isnt that I do not want Sivir to look cool, I just dont want her to look like "my" champion.

Katarina is also similarly clad, but not to the degree where I feel it takes away from the game. I did like the original skin better, especially on the loading page.

I LOVE the new Ashe particles as well. v. cute. I do not, however, like Ashe's new face on the loading screen. It is nice that she is looking toward us like the other champs instead off to the side but her face looks all boxy and manly; not as cute as the new particles that is for sure =)


Agreed on every level. One thing I've loved about LoL so far is that it's been pretty female-friendly; there's a decent range of female heroes and they're not total vamps the way a lot of token females are.

When Ashe got reskinned, I went 'wow, that's fabulous'. When Sivir was reskinned I went 'wow, that's fabulous' but there was a distinct sense of deja vu. Standing them side by side in a couple of games at gamestart, my entire team has commented on it. Katarina is much less of a problem, but I liked her old skin better too (although perhaps with more muted hair?)

I am inclined to suggest a re-reskin of Ashe rather than Sivir; designs of characters should ideally suggest something about their battle style and black and gold don't totally suggest ice. Perhaps dark blues and silver, rather than black and gold?


12