Sivir's New Model - and Ashe's, Katarina's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achenar

10-22-2009

Mmkay - so I spec Sivir; the announcement of a new Sivir model made me squee a little bit with delight.

Having seen the new model?

- it's gorgeous - I do like black and gold and it's much more striking than the previous colouring
- that said, Ashe, Sivir, and Katarina now look like they're in some kind of uniform; is this intentional? I do think it takes a little bit away from the game, having three characters (Ashe and Sivir in particular) in such similar colouring. More colour variation would be fantastic. Perhaps Ashe's colouring could be shifted to something more reflective of her ice element?
- Sivir's portrait looks very...wishywashy? She looks a bit vapid and not at all threatening. The character history suggests a smart, strong-willed woman; the portrait suggests flower-picking and wearing virginal nightclothes.

Edit: Unrelated feedback - Ashe's new particle effects are bloody stunning. I love them.

Bregan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

she doesnt have a new model at all, just a new skin which is just a color swap. her model's face MIGHT be different though, but its too small to really tell. the portait is awful.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achenar View Post
Mmkay - so I spec Sivir; the announcement of a new Sivir model made me squee a little bit with delight.

- it's gorgeous - I do like black and gold and it's much more striking than the previous colouring
- that said, Ashe, Sivir, and Katarina now look like they're in some kind of uniform; is this intentional? I do think it takes a little bit away from the game, having three characters (Ashe and Sivir in particular) in such similar colouring. More colour variation would be fantastic. Perhaps Ashe's colouring could be shifted to something more reflective of her ice element?
- Sivir's portrait looks very...wishywashy? She looks a bit vapid and not at all threatening. The character history suggests a smart, strong-willed woman; the portrait suggests flower-picking and wearing virginal nightclothes.

Edit: Unrelated feedback - Ashe's new particle effects are bloody stunning. I love them.
i like everything except ashes new ult. i kinda liked seeing a giant icey shiruken

JayceJa

10-22-2009

i hate sivirs new skin, the color theme is so bad, the old colors worked well, the change to katarinas i dont hate quite so much, but i do not like the new one any more than the old one

Achenar

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
she doesnt have a new model at all, just a new skin which is just a color swap. her model's face MIGHT be different though, but its too small to really tell. the portait is awful.

Yeah, I'm not sure the model HAS changed, but since patch notes describe it as a new model...

Jayce - I hope we'll get to have the choice of buying Sivir's old skin, perhaps slightly tweaked to fit newer designs. I did like the neutral colour palette, although I do like the gold-and-black too.

Aknar

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonien View Post
i like everything except ashes new ult. i kinda liked seeing a giant icey shiruken
yeah the new ult particles feel like it will dissipate before hitting you

Phatkat

10-22-2009

i like new sivir

Highborne

10-22-2009

I like the new Sivir skin, colors, and portrait.

Riot Zaps

Oceanic
NOC Technician

10-22-2009

I agree with the OP - it definitely looks awesome, but there's definitely a uniform-ish vibe from the Sivir/Ashe/Kat colours.

Auralynx

10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achenar View Post

The outfit is fine, but I'd like the pink hair back, or at least not-black. I'm fairly sure this is indeed some sort of uniform - likely Noxian - and we'll be seeing lore about it at some point in the near future. I agree that Ashe could use some more flair bits.

Sivir's portrait is indeed not my favorite thing in the world.