about the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

glozer

10-22-2009

i just postet it here wince i couldn't find a better place for it, and i have a question about the full game, and i feel stupid for asking :S

like in WoW, do we have to buy a monthly card to play LoL? or is it free to play it?

MegaZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

F2p

glozer

10-22-2009

thx for the quick answer

Ferisar

10-22-2009

Free to play with unlockable content which can be earned by using Riot Points, which are purchasable, and Influence Points, which are earned through gameplay.

Just for details. :P

Kaitor

10-22-2009

Just for a little bit ore details...

That was stated by the devs that they have no plans on selling any kind of gameplay advantage only via Riot Points (Real Money). So you can play all your life and be a pro without spending a dime. But if you want some helpers, like XP boosts or some visual improvements you will be able to buy them with Riot Points (Real money).

Ferisar

10-22-2009

Yep.
I was actually wondering with all the people whining about unlockable content being expensive:
You don't have to pay for it, do you?

Circio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferisar View Post
Yep.
I was actually wondering with all the people whining about unlockable content being expensive:
You don't have to pay for it, do you?
Like other people said, anything with any sort of in game power (champions, runes, etc), you do not have to pay real money to unlock. In fact, runes can only be bought with IP (the in-game currency awarded for completing matches).

Certain items, like skins, may only be made available via Riot Points. This means that you would have to pay for them. However, these items that can only be purchased via Riot Points are merely cosmetic and have no impact on the actual game play.

Ferisar

10-22-2009

Then why was everyone throwing a hissy fit over champion costs?

Circio

10-22-2009

Champions cost anywhere from 450-3150 IP points to purchase and tier 3 runes were 600-1200ish a piece. Based off of the 79 base IP the patch notes had for a win (double if you purchase the double IP boost from the store with Riot points), people were calculating extraordinary amounts of games required to even complete a single rune page or to unlock all the champions.

Riot has said that there are other boosts (such as the no leaves streak), that will make the reality much better than what people were calculating. However, there is still concern that prices are too high and it will take too long for the full content of the game, which we have had access to throughout the beta, to be unlocked again.

Ferisar

10-22-2009

Well, if you think about almost any f2p game, they kind of have to do at least something like that, and from what I see Riot's doing the least ever drastic way of going about it, since they don't have gamebreaking with Riot Points.