A Land Undiscovered (Signups, Open)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tixxy Savage

09-27-2013

Fliers could be found throughout Demacia, Noxus, and Piltover. These fliers spoke of an expedition coming together, to be gathered at Bandle City. Rumors could be heard all over Runeterra, especially among areas such as Ionia, Zaun, Bilgewater, and the Shadow Isles. Members of the expedition would meet at a small hostel, and were instructed to keep the peace, or the Bandle City forces would make quick work of them. Upon inquiring at the hostel, they would be directed to a large room, meant for dinners or conferences, where an older gentleman could be found by the name of Davis.

"Thank you for expressing interest in joining my expedition, I know I've been vague of the exact purpose of this mission, but it was on purpose. I wanted people who would leap at adventure on faith. However, I will inform you now, and you can still choose to join or leave. If you do join, and survive the expedition, you will be greatly rewarded. All your needs while on the expedition will be provided for, so long as you keep the peace and do the work you are hired for.

Now for the details, it is quite simple, we will be looking for the lost city of Shintao, somewhere deep in the jungles of Kumunga. I've been gathering evidence of this land for many years, and I finally have enough information to let me believe that it truly does exist. And I mean to find it. So if you're interested, let me know what sort of skills you could bring to my expedition, what job you hope to serve, and what you wish to achieve in this. It will be quite long, and dangerous, and most skill sets will likely be needed, anything from guards, to cooks, to doctors and artists. So, are you wanting to come, and how can you serve us?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kivuli had never been to Bandle City before, and found it a strange place indeed. The people there, aside from their obvious lack of height, were quite friendly, almost to the point of excess. He got a room at the hostel, and when he went to meet with Davis, he was quite intrigued with the idea of venturing into Kumunga. Who knows, maybe if it went well enough, the League would let him in, if he earned enough prestige.

"Hello sir, my name is Kivuli, and I would be quite honored to join your expedition. As for what I can bring to the table, I'm quite adept at combat, and I think fast on my feet. I'm pretty handy and a quick learner, so I feel like I could help with just about anything. I would like a chance to further my skills and be recognized for them."

Davis smiled and replied, "A simple man, I can respect that. I've heard of the many dangerous beasts in this jungle, my correspondence with Teemo helped a lot in that regard. He also thinks there might be a race of savages living somewhere in there as well. Welcome aboard Kivuli, I hope you survive long enough to make a difference. We leave in ten days, take time to prepare, relax, and be ready, for it will be quite the journey."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: Let your first post being accepted into the expedition, I will move the story along after a few people join. If you wish to join after we get started, just put your acceptance post in a flashback style, then hop in where appropriate. I ask that you respect post order, so it might move a bit more slowly. Write well and have fun

Post Order -
1: TixxySavage - Kivuli
2: Demonbane775 - Dimitri Dracul
3: Cryypter - Cryypter

Demonbane775

09-27-2013

Dimitri Dracul (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/3456) swept through Bandle city, his dark red cloak swirling.
Something about this place set him ill at ease. Everything seemed much too happy. In his experience, he had never been welcomed into such a place with such open arms.
In his experience, anyplace this happy usually had something darker going on under the surface.
He pushed his doubts aside and checked the flyer. he was in the correct place, it appeared. He pushed open the doors, one hand kept close to the hilt of his black iron scimitar.

"Are you Davis?"

(Do I RP Davis, to? Because I don't know enough about him.)

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2013

((I think I shall finally call my summoner out of his long slumber.))

A hooded figure emerged from the woods outside Bandle City, his dark cloak rippling in the wind, revealing a shimmering silver robe underneath. He drifted toward the appointed gathering place, calmly taking in the area around him as he entered the city, heading to the hostel. The afternoon sun matched the bright atmosphere that permeated the streets, the laughter of children echoing between the houses. Before long he reached his destination, bringing a hand up to the cloth covering his mouth as he looked up at the structure. After pausing for a moment, he entered, heading down the hallways to the large room where they were to meet.

He calmly listened as the man explained the destination and purpose of the expedition, hands clasped beneath his robes. Once the others before him spoke with their host, Cryypter made a slight bow before speaking. "Greetings," he said, his calm, gentle voice quite clear despite his covered mouth. "I am Cryypter, a simple druid with much experience in the wilds of Runeterra. I too have heard the stories of this lost city, and would be pleased to assist in your search for it."

Tixxy Savage

09-28-2013

((Anyone can RP Davis for the sake of being accepted into the Expedition, but nothing more.))

Davis watched the white haired man enter his conference room, his hand stroking back his own salt and peppered mane. The days were long, and he was wanting to get the expedition underway properly. But this was part of the preparation, and he knew that no matter how many he got, no matter how long he waited, they would never be truly ready. The white-haired man was significantly younger than himself, despite the unusual hair color, but this was Runeterra after all. In the three words the man asked, Davis learned a lot about him. It was quite clear that his accent had hints of Noxus in it, and definitely highborn, likely military. But it wasn't quite as thick as one might find normally, so he surmised that perhaps it had been a few years since the man had been under Noxian control. Not that any of that mattered to him, politics held no interest to him, for this was an expedition for Runeterra, not for any one allegiance.

A small smile twisted onto Davis' face, "Why yes, I am Davis, Davis Lannelles, leader and founder of this expedition. And who might you be, and what brings you so far from Noxus?" His eyes rested on the man's oddly black scimitar, noting that while good enough to kill a man, it was certainly no master level craftsmanship. But he did see the finger grips worn into the hilt, from years of close use. He wondered if the man made it himself. The amateur skill level of the work, as well as the lack of a smith's build suggested that he had. After allowing the man enough time to answer, he explained his mission of seeking out the lost city of Shintao.

"So why do you want to join this expedition, and what can you bring to make our mission more successful?"

After having eaten a light meal, Davis' soft grey eyes wandered over the latest newcomer. The man didn't walk in, rather he floated. Davis' quick and analytical mind immediately came to two possibilities, either of a wind avatar similar to Lady Janna, or a Void touched like Sir Malzahar. Upon seeing the facemask, he assumed the man to be more like the latter. After an exchange of pleasantries and information, "Well Master Cryypter, a druid would be much appreciated, for these wilds are the most untamed in all of known Runeterra. We leave in a few days time, so please, take time to prepare, anything you will need, we will provide, assuming it is actually possible to do so. We will meet on the outskirts of the city, and we will begin the trek over the mountains toward Kumunga."

The door opened once more and a tall, rugged man walked in, "Ah, Jaysonne, how are the preparations going?" Then Davis remembered his manners, "My apologies, Cryypter, this is my field leader Jaysonne Greys, Jaysonne, this is Master Cryypter, our newest addition." The rough looking man eyeballed Cryypter, his gaze intense and fierce, akin to that of a wild animal trying to decide if the prey was even worth eating, "Another mage? Magic has no place in these wilds, we need more men, not magic reliant ants," then directing his speech at Cryypter, "Don't slow us down, and if you die, it's your fault, not ours. Be ready on time, and you smell like the Void, that's going to make it even harder for us. Do something about that, we do not need any more disadvantages." Then without allowing any time for reply, Jaysonne turned and left leaving Davis sighing with a little more stress upon his brow.

Dawn, outside of Bandle City, the morning the expedition leaves

Kivuli sat atop a large stump, sword in his sheathe, a large, filled pack on his back, watching the sun begin to rise over the forests from the coast. He was watching as the dozens of expedition workers were gathering, packing, preparing. He saw men loading up pack mules with everything from tents, to foodstuffs, to weapons. It felt more like a traveling city than an expedition, truly feeling prepared for anything. He noticed that nearly everyone had a weapon on their hip, though only about a quarter of the expedition appeared to be swords-for-hire like himself. He wondered if it would be too much, though a nagging thought suggested that it may not be enough. He hadn't met anyone that had told him to do anymore than be ready. So he continued to sit there, watching, waiting to depart, and climb over that mountain range that sat just beyond the tame forests outside of the city.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2013

((*poke* Still alive?))

13loodzkrieg

10-03-2013

((sounds interesting, might join if its not dead))