Morello Speaks on Dominion :-)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imwetoddid

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleskoal View Post
If you make the enemy react to bot are you not giving top an advantage?
It's not so much as "reacting" to bot as it is pressing an advantage.

If we win the windmill fight, I immediately head down to bottom to gank. If the enemy bot is overextending too hard; I can kill them, recall, and be back at the windmill ready to defend before the enemy team can push.

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
I actually only played D2 offline just for the lawls so I don't mind if there won't be PVP on release for D3. At least it will give me some time to learn all the mechanics so I will be prepared whenever it is released.
I played hours and hours of offline D2 as well. PvE was really fun alone or with friends. If click3 is the same, I'll play hours of that with friends and solo until the PVP gets poppin'. Either way, it's going to be more fun than watching Riot ignore and **** us over.

Purpleskoal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imwetoddid View Post
It's not so much as "reacting" to bot as it is pressing an advantage.

If we win the windmill fight, I immediately head down to bottom to gank. If the enemy bot is overextending too hard; I can kill them, recall, and be back at the windmill ready to defend before the enemy team can push.
Of course there are times you cant push. It's not really that hard in dominion to tell what the enemy is doing. It's similar to running top on SR if you know where everyone is you're safe to push/go aggressive.

Phourc

04-08-2012

The "We're going to start" bit made me o_O

I recall specifically Brackhar saying the wave respawn had some awkward cases - points where you could wait a second or two to kill an enemy and add ~10 seconds to their respawn timer. Now, as an ex-1550 player I never paid much attention, but there are definite points in say, bot lane where "huh, he clearly hit the tail end of a wave cause he's alive again already".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Well this is more or less the exact same thing they've said about Dominion every time. They can reword it as much as they want but it's still "Dominion isn't doing what we wanted it to and we don't know WTF we're going to do about it".
"And we're not really sure how much we care."

Live team manages ALL the maps, and obviously SR is going to take precedence. I wish there was a Dom team or something we could actually point at and be like yeah, those guys!

Wyvernfist

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarurob View Post
Well, maybe we should "band" together and get some truly large D3 games going....of course Im going to look after this post to see the max number of players in a game....but whatever.

use dominatedominion for d3 games is primarily what im getting at. blame cough medicine

Stralucire

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
I actually only played D2 offline just for the lawls so I don't mind if there won't be PVP on release for D3. At least it will give me some time to learn all the mechanics so I will be prepared whenever it is released.
Actually, I almost never PvP'd in diablo 2. For that matter, I don't consider diablo 3 a pvp-oriented experience. But, despite how much I love the Diablo franchise, there just isn't enough going on in the 3rd to make me feel it's worth the money (and I base this off of my experience playing the beta). PvP was one of those silver threads which helped justify the purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huniz View Post
That killed it? Not that it isn't a thing like Diablo 2 anymore? Seriously?
I never understand this sentiment. Diablo 3 is about as pure a diablo experience as you can get. All of the platforms which dissenters tend to use as proof otherwise (especially the skills, respecs, and leveling system) are universal, but slightly archaic, tenets of game design which Blizzard has attempted to shrug off like an old, dead skin. They are not the standards of the Diablo experience.

That said, I don't wholly agree with the direction Blizzard tossed D3. The game evolved into an experience that's almost too refined, too smoothed out. It seems to have made no room for error, and therefore so little room for surprises. Not that this will stop it from being a great game. On the contrary, D3 will be nothing short of fantastic. It just won't be fantastic in the same way as D2. And without shame I admit, that makes me not want to buy it.

Helixes

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Thing it makes me wonder, he says that Dominion is strongly 1v1. There are plenty of team comps that can be designed which do not have strong 1v1 champs. I get hte feeling Morello is looking at the 1200 PUBS
I get the feeling the he doesn't know what he is talking about, which isn't new.

smXho

04-09-2012

Morello is trash anyway, cant balance anything for life

Qmusic

04-09-2012

Balance doesn't exist. There is always UP (WW) and OP (Chogath)

FOODFOOD

04-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmusic View Post
Balance doesn't exist. There is always UP (WW) and OP (Chogath)
Ya, WW too UP in Dominion. He's terribad.

Sarcasm aside, I wish we knew who all was on the "Live Team" working on this. I'd love to Jabebot them to see how many games they've played.