Is this pointless?

Yes, you have already been tainted by Dominion and you can never come back from that.... 3 10.71%
No you can get good at rift. 25 89.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Can you guys give me some tips for switching from dominion to rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Empressium

04-08-2012

3.aim for high cs not rushing to the towah

Personsir

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Also, I can in fact help you with two of those champs. As Kog, you will generally want to go bottom with a "support" like Soraka or Sona. You just want to farm all of the creeps you can, and defend dragon. As Lux, I normally go mid. Try to land a E every now and then until you get level six. Then just do your Q>E>R>Auto attack combo. Start Lux with Boots and 3 potions, and start Kog with the same, or a Doran's blade, depending on how confidant you are.
This is solid advice. The one thing I'd add is that if you have a Soraka, Sona, Taric, Alistar support, I would take Doran's Blade. With the lifesteal and the heals from your support, you shouldn't need pots.

TeknoWizard

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personsir View Post
This is solid advice. The one thing I'd add is that if you have a Soraka, Sona, Taric, Alistar support, I would take Doran's Blade. With the lifesteal and the heals from your support, you shouldn't need pots.
Yeah... I was just trying to state the safest build for a new player. :P

TerraEarth

04-08-2012

Khyber here's some advice for you:

1) learn the the basic meta

as in how the lanes are usually set ups and what roles most champions usually go.

the lanes are usually set up as follows: top - solo, jungle, mid - ap, bot - ranged ad carry + support

for the roles i will list them for the champions you have selected.

fiora: solo top, kogmaw: ad carry bot, lux: ap mid

of course there are many ways each champion can be played but it is useful to know what roles they usually are placed as in games. playing draft mode rather than blind pick will help you deepen your understanding of champion matchups and roles further.

# 1 is the easiest thing to do. here comes something a little more difficult

2) basic mechanics
mechanics is your ability to execute certain "feats" in the game. whenever you see someone make an amazing play or do something incredible in general it is usually due in part to their fantastic mechanics.

the most basic thing yet also the most important skill you need to polish is your CS-ing skills aka last-hitting (CS stands for creep score - ie how much creeps you can kill, this is a term carried over from LoL's predecessor DOTA)

if you wish to practice it is simple, go into a game with any champion at all and, without buying items practice last-hitting, that is only hitting a minion once in order to secure the kill. this is important for several reasons (it doesn't push the lane [if u push the lane you will be vulnerable to ganks,etc.], it allows for a steady and reliable way to farm early-mid game and for a few other reasons that aren't as important for our purposes).

3) Map-awareness

this is a skill that can only be practiced by playing many games and can only be improved specifically if you have mastered the previous 2 skills. good players won't even have to stare at the middle of their screen to cs or to fight champions, in fact they will be most often glancing at their minimaps. the way they do this is through experience and habit. this can only be improved with much habit and by forcing yourself to look at the minimap as often as possible.

4) Insight

insight is like map awareness in that you need a ton of experience and practice to hone it. this is probably the hardest thing for anyone to learn. insight is your ability to foretell the outcome of a situation- ie if me and that guy fought right now who would win? if our team and their team fought who would win? where should i position my champion to do the most damage while receiving the leash amount of damage? if we do dragon can we secure it? is it a good time to do baron now? and many many more.

all these scenarios are handled through experience and understanding of the game which i title as being insight. this is the most difficult part of LoL and can only be done by playing the game.

so 1 is easy to learn 2 you need to sit down, think about and practice 3 comes with experience and 4 requires you to not only be very intelligent but also have perfected skills 1,2,3.

if you want to know more you can ask me.