Is this pointless?

Yes, you have already been tainted by Dominion and you can never come back from that.... 3 10.71%
No you can get good at rift. 25 89.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Can you guys give me some tips for switching from dominion to rift?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khyber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

So guys I play a lot of Dom, because that's the only thing I can win in. Pathetic right? well my friends think so. Every time I try a match in rift I get raged at like no other. So yeah, I need tips for how to get good at rift when coming from the Dominion community.

In Short

• How do I get good at rift?
  • What is similar about dom and rift where I could draw some experience back from dom?
  • Good ways to play Fiora, Kog 'Maw and Lux on Rift?
  • Help please :3

GrimCrimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

1. I recommend playing bot/ custom games to get good at summoner's rift
2. the only similar thing is...... I have nooooo idea
3. I have no idea either since I dont play any of those 3 :<

I suggest going on mobafire/ solomid to find good ways to play them.

brossef

04-07-2012

get perfect cs, and try to mess up there cs, its not ez mode dominion where awwww its ok ur bad at csing lets give you guys gold. no you have to work for gold here. so just get all the cs possible, the more gold you have the stronger you will be. and do not give away free kills, kills matter here unlike in dominion.

Khyber

04-07-2012

Thanks for replying crimson

Any more replies?

Khyber

04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossef View Post
get perfect cs, and try to mess up there cs, its not ez mode dominion where awwww its ok ur bad at csing lets give you guys gold. no you have to work for gold here. so just get all the cs possible, the more gold you have the stronger you will be. and do not give away free kills, kills matter here unlike in dominion.

what is cs?

KillerTehNoob

04-07-2012

the only think you will take from dominion is the ability to fight against champions.. you need to learn last hitting minions, having map awareness, pushing, splitpushing, map control, jungling and ganking.. oh god why did riot release dominion? you learn nothing from it.

btw, cs is creeper score.. its basically killing minions to get gold.

TeknoWizard

04-07-2012

Its basically been said already. When getting into the game, I'd recommend playing some bot games to figure out how to last hit, which is hitting a minion only once when it is at very little health to kill it, learn to harass the other lane, and general awareness of the map. Once you feel you can grasp the simple game mechanics, feel free to move to normal games. Also, thick skin is very important. I play Eve, so regardless of whether or not I do well, I get raged at. So, learn to ignore trolls and acquire awesomeness.

Also, I can in fact help you with two of those champs. As Kog, you will generally want to go bottom with a "support" like Soraka or Sona. You just want to farm all of the creeps you can, and defend dragon. As Lux, I normally go mid. Try to land a E every now and then until you get level six. Then just do your Q>E>R>Auto attack combo. Start Lux with Boots and 3 potions, and start Kog with the same, or a Doran's blade, depending on how confidant you are.

I hope this helped, but incase it didn't, heed previous advice, and go over to "solomid.net" The guides there really helped me, and I'm sure they'll help you. :P

Khyber

04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Its basically been said already. When getting into the game, I'd recommend playing some bot games to figure out how to last hit, which is hitting a minion only once when it is at very little health to kill it, learn to harass the other lane, and general awareness of the map. Once you feel you can grasp the simple game mechanics, feel free to move to normal games. Also, thick skin is very important. I play Eve, so regardless of whether or not I do well, I get raged at. So, learn to ignore trolls and acquire awesomeness.

Also, I can in fact help you with two of those champs. As Kog, you will generally want to go bottom with a "support" like Soraka or Sona. You just want to farm all of the creeps you can, and defend dragon. As Lux, I normally go mid. Try to land a E every now and then until you get level six. Then just do your Q>E>R>Auto attack combo. Start Lux with Boots and 3 potions, and start Kog with the same, or a Doran's blade, depending on how confidant you are.

I hope this helped, but incase it didn't, heed previous advice, and go over to "solomid.net" The guides there really helped me, and I'm sure they'll help you. :P

Thank you this really helped!

Neoman321

04-07-2012

I consider dominion to be a minigame for people who don't want/have the time to farm, gank, and slowly gain advantage over the other team. Basically it just throws you right into the mid game. But yeah, the people above me are right

Zaruuk

04-07-2012

dont worry about winning until level 30. worry about your creep kills and how good YOU do. unless you play draft pick you get alot of idiots who have no idea how to put a solid team comp together(although i still get these idiots sometimes in draft pick). dont worry about wins.