Who Needs a Buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eaglesfan427

04-07-2012

The more often I play LoL, the more often I see people playing underpowered and somewhat useless champions. This usually results from one of three things: poor damage output, poor survivability, and poor scaling.

Here are a few of my picks:

Heimerdinger:
Generally speaking he is dominant early game and mid game, usually racking up the most cs out of anyone due to his turrets. The problem comes when late game he becomes too squishy to participate in most teamfights (even with building some hp), and his turrets can get one-shotted. While occaisionally I see a Heimer that is successful late game, usually once laning ends, so does Heimerdinger's ability to contribute to his team.

tl:dr-- Needs to scale better late game, with a bit better survivability

Evelynn
While I have never actually played as Eve, in the many games i have played with or against her, she is a very unreliable champion. Occaisionally I see one that goes 8/0/10, and sometimes its 0/10/8. Because I dont understand the ins and outs of playing her I can't comment on her abilities individually, however something needs to be done to make her a more reliable champion.

Leona

Quote:
Leona needs to be buffed, no doubt. Her passive is not really all that great (sure it deals extra dmg; but someone besides Leona has to hit them, and it really isn't that much additional dmg). In comparison to champs like Kog Maw and Karthus, (where you're forced to be careful when killing them) nobody fears taking a little extra magic dmg from Leona's passive. I think all her other abilities are pretty good though. I would like to see her passive completely changed to be more based on her tankiness or stunning abilities, not support like it is now. I like how they incorporate each move with Shyvana's passive. With Leona, instead of basing it on basic attacks, base it on when her HP drops below 30% (just as an example). Maybe her Q stun lasts 0.5 seconds longer, her W shield gives +10 armor and MR, her E slows enemies (by maybe 20%) that are hit and her R stuns all enemies in the aoe instead of just the center. Without buffing her dmg output, it buffs her survivability when she starts getting closer to death. As a tank/initiator, I think she requires a tanky passive instead of a supportive passive. These are relatively small buffs to her abilities which is fine since it's just the passive. But regardless I'd like to see a complete change to the passive. Just my suggestion
--ProScrubFTW
Please add your thoughs/champions below! I will add the good ones up here!

No101

04-07-2012

personaly i love palying heim. he was not ment to be based around his turrets. his w and e are were he helps teamfights casue stuning or binding the ad carry with w hitting all the enemy for huge damage and his turrets can be placed and kited around easily. he is a harder champ to play but if you build correctly he can deal alot of damage. i have won 1v3's because of my w e combo with them taking turret fire trying to chase me.

eve seems to not play 5v5 much but facing some in dom she seems balanced she can deal alot of damage built right but might not have her place so well in 5's

Eaglesfan427

04-07-2012

Heimer can do plenty of damage in a fight, that much is not in question. The problem is that anyone with decent range or a gap closer will kill you before you get to deal the damage.

Tokinatoor

04-07-2012

eve
heimer
twitch
sejuani
katarina
viktor
yi
Gragas (except his R)
Twisted Fate (but his R can dominate)

A lot of people will probably disagree with me

Liquid Colossus

Recruiter

04-07-2012

Tokinatoor, 6-stacked twitch is arguably the best ad carry in the game. Katarina is good, but easy to counter. Twisted Fate is quite good. Gragas is not bad. Yi is a training champ, high elo players rarely play yi anyway. On the other champs, I agree with you

Eaglesfan427

04-07-2012

Sejuani, Leona and Karma are all valid champions to add to the list. Leona's passive is a lousy version of lux's, Sejuani just fit a category (tanky jungle) best filled by pretty much anyone else, and Karma has just been forgotten by Riot

Son of Barahir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

Leona needs to be buffed, no doubt. Her passive is not really all that great (sure it deals extra dmg; but someone besides Leona has to hit them, and it really isn't that much additional dmg). In comparison to champs like Kog Maw and Karthus, (where you're forced to be careful when killing them) nobody fears taking a little extra magic dmg from Leona's passive. I think all her other abilities are pretty good though. I would like to see her passive completely changed to be more based on her tankiness or stunning abilities, not support like it is now. I like how they incorporate each move with Shyvana's passive. With Leona, instead of basing it on basic attacks, base it on when her HP drops below 30% (just as an example). Maybe her Q stun lasts 0.5 seconds longer, her W shield gives +10 armor and MR, her E slows enemies (by maybe 20%) that are hit and her R stuns all enemies in the aoe instead of just the center. Without buffing her dmg output, it buffs her survivability when she starts getting closer to death. As a tank/initiator, I think she requires a tanky passive instead of a supportive passive. These are relatively small buffs to her abilities which is fine since it's just the passive. But regardless I'd like to see a complete change to the passive. Just my suggestion

Eaglesfan427

04-08-2012

Leona is probably the worst tank in the game right now, as every one of her abilities is a bad version of another champion's. Her passive is a weak version of lux's. Her stun is similar to Irelia's, Blitzcrank's knockup, and Riven's stun. Her shield is an underpowered version of Sion's Death's Caress. Zenith blade is like Amumu's bandage toss, but without the stun, a higher cooldown, lower damage, and lower AP ratio. Her ult is a combination of Amumu's and Xerath's. It has a smaller aoe than amumu's, doesnt always stun, has a delay, lower ap ratio, and a lower stun duration IF you manage to stun the enemy. Xerath, while only stunning the enemy if marked with Mage Chains, it can be cast three times at a much longer range.

victor chun

04-08-2012

Buff amumu
malphite

amumu has useless ganks unless you hit a Q, and it's so easy to dodge. his E does no damage. only useful for hisult.

AlexDurquiza

04-08-2012

Just buff leona..all others champions have compensations