All champions are VIABLE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dienovv

04-07-2012

For everyone who is wondering if <insert champion here> is viable, the answer is YES!
Many like to think champions like Vlad, Xerath, Naut, etc. aren't viable but the truth is they are, just require a bit more talent to control.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

Ap xerath is viable, Shurelia's stacking Xin Zhaos are really not viable..

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

The real question is what level of play they are viable at.

inFe eD

04-07-2012

AP jax just went legendary against bots, confirmed for OP status.

Stralucire

04-07-2012

Playable? Sure. Viable? Situation-dependent.

Does another champion produce the same desired result with either less effort or much greater frequency? Without a doubt. That's the important part.

Psi21

04-07-2012

There are plenty that are viable but if you play Trash Tier champs you have more of a chance of losing too.

Wyvernfist

04-07-2012

Sejuani, xerath, etc typically do poorly. Can a 2200+ ELO player make a win as one? Probably. Are they viable alternative picks to other champions that fill their roles? Ehhhh I don't think so.

Basist

04-07-2012

Who the hell says Xerath/Naut aren't viable? You need to never talk to them again. If it's just you thinking that, please stop posting.

Shaxtenn

04-07-2012

I agree with this sentiment. I own probably two thirds of the champions, and I can play almost all the ones I own successfully on Dominion (except Udyr, I am the worst Udyr ever). I play Amumu, Annie, Karma, Leona, Nasus, Nunu, Trundle, Teemo, Zilean, and I do well with them. Like first place well, sometimes, not just avoiding being dead weight. I feel comfortable hitting hard random, although I don't do that often.

Every champion can be played successfully on Dominion.

But there are still a dozen or so champions who are so much better on Dominion than anyone else. The Pantheons/Poppys/Kassadins/mother****ing Rammuses (Rammii?). They're just better. Because team fights are less emphasised on Dominion than on SR - SR is about winning team fights then completing objectives, Dom is about splitting up and holding 3 points - certain champions are going to eclipse everyone else. If you're fighting a 5v5, you can deal with these problems by engaging cleverly, by picking a good fight, by prioritising targets. These options absolutely still exist on Dominion, but they are de-emphasised.

GeneralDirection

04-07-2012

The beauty of Dominion is that just about any champion has the chance to do well. The skill level of summoners that play underdog champs don't instantly change, showing a sudden increase of successful... say... Sejuanis taking over the Crystal Scar, but if the player's got the skill and the know-how, the sky is the limit!

I feel like this brief quotation from Pixar's Ratatouille is somewhat relevant:

Gusteau: [on the TV] You must be imaginative, strong-hearted. You must try things that may not work, and you must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul. What I say is true - anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great.