New XP Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Th3 Herbalist

04-07-2012

I really like the idea of what they're doing coming into the next patch, but I'm curious to think how it's going to affect gameplay in TT. I don't really see any issues with it other than the fact that turtling is going to be a bit harder to pull off - which is fine with me.

Prefix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

04-07-2012

Turtling will be easier since you usualy lose a few trying to down last turret.

New World Chaos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

Doesn't matter how it will effect TT, riot probably didn't even take that into consideration.

Th3 Herbalist

04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Chaos View Post
Doesn't matter how it will effect TT, riot probably didn't even take that into consideration.
The fact is that it's happening, so the people that play 3s have to take it into consideration whether Riot did or not.

Little Boy Nate

04-07-2012

They put it in so you cannot snowball out of control. If it is that far gone then turtling will not help you very much. If you are the higher level team and are turtling I don't know what to say. I really do not see how this is affecting TT in a big way. It just means you need to consistently dominate the enemy to keep your advantage in levels which should not be hard if you are the higher team.

Lemming

04-07-2012

I think it's interesting that it rewards the winning team more for passive play. For example, it's less worth it to play aggressive and get two kills for the cost of one death than it is to get one kill for nothing.

Conversely, it also rewards aggressive play for the losing team. Two for one is now more viable due to the experience gained. Especially if it's on your carry.

I'm curious to see how much more experience you get, and whether it makes a large difference or not. I doubt it will make a huge difference.

lirm

04-07-2012

Given turtling is usally done by a losing team who is often under levelled due to how hard they got rammed, turtling will now be even easier, and faster to hit 18 with.

If anything, it's given people more of an excuse to turtle.