New UI - missing features

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

The new interface is great, I just love it, however there are a few things missing. here are some precisions:

I. Cons: (Forgive for starting with the bad stuff, I just tought you can already see the good ones XD)

1. The experience bar isn't functional. It looks great, no argue about that, but simply doesn't provide enough information. here is why:
-you are in a situation where one level is essential; often you choose to kill a creep or too before engaging a hero, even if he's already fighting you. a bonus point in your ulti or stuff are obvious reasons. however, the XP bar doens't indicate the XP you need for the next level. so everything can go wrong and you have no way of knowing.

Proposal: add a little square in the right/left corner of the XP bar to indicate the XP missing for level up.

2. You have no information on the other team. I'm talking about death timers. Those little numbers that can separete you from an inhib down + run and a total rape.

Proposal: add information on respawn times for the enemy team as well. Choice of placement I leave to the designers, I'm confiden't they can handle it, but the option is indeed vital.

II. Pros. Well, just about everything. I Love it, And I'm writing this to let you guys know it, but for the sake of giving an example for everyone that just posts like/dislake with no reason stated, I'm giving a few explanations.

-It gives more information about your hero, it is compact and useful
-the art is much more polished
-It leaves place for new additions

Coleman

10-22-2009

Well in response to part 2, I always hold tab to see death timers. There was another way before?

VxkyPcgcbwL9iNRT

Emissary of the League

10-22-2009

Just press tab like you had to do pre-new UI to see death timers.

And for the XP bar issue, I'm sure seeing the final bar 100% full tells you that 1 kill is needed :/

Wouldn't hurt to have an option to toggle a number on the xp bar though for people wanting it.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
Well in response to part 2, I always hold tab to see death timers. There was another way before?
It could be inconvinient when you are fighting and need to use your screen space to the fullest.