Up coming tournament

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shacgster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

oday, 01:45 AM

Hi Forum,
So who's ready for a tournament that anyone can enter? My company is sponsoring a tournament website page that will host two tournaments a month, if people begin to show some support for it. That being said, we are hosting our first tournament May 26th, 2012. I have played LoL for a long time, and I am the head leader for this project. If I get the support from the forum we will be hosting regular tournaments. They have sponsored the first tournament with a cash prize, and now I am trying to get riot games involved with this event. Our website is loltourneys.webs.com (yes it is a free website builder, it is free but gets the job done). It is going to be a 5v5 tournament, and the entry fee is........ five dollars, that's a dollar a teammate! You could probably walk a couple miles in a city and get enough change to pay for your entry fee. the team cap is 32 minimum 16 so don't wait, sign up with the website today!! Also we might have another tournament that is free to show you guys this is not a scam, because i bet at least 5 people will claim this is a scam. All events we do has a cash prize plus any sponsorship we get from riot or any other company willing to donate money. Please feel free to submit a question on the website and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
LoL Tourneys
loltourneys.webs.com

Shacgster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2012

Riot games has contacted me and we are discussing possible prizes for the tournament

Liquid Colossus

Recruiter

04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rador21 View Post
I bet at least 5 people will claim this is a scam.
Sounds very much like a scam to me. You're level 23, and as far as I can tell, this is not a company, it's just a one man show. Can you at least provide some credentials or some company identification? Companies just don't use freewebs. Also, this thing about talking to Riot sounds pretty shady.

Shacgster

04-07-2012

I knew it lol i was waiting for someone to ask about that, and yes most companies actually do use that site, they just pay for it, however we do not have the funding for this project, so I am doing it on a limited budget, so I talked to my bosses about it, and the tournament is now going to be free, so what does it hurt to sign up? I have 2 teams so far is it. We need at least 16 for there to be prize money, and also this is NOT my main, this is my alt because i got banned a long time ago and have used this account to try different champions so i don't waste IP on it, plus I don't want people adding my main as a friend. I hope that this answered all of your questions. Oh and our company is a small gaming company that is on Big Island in Hawaii. We opened up four months ago is it so we are not that big, however we plan on hosting tournaments around Hawaii within the year. The company is called GOT GAME? if you would like to talk to me over the phone we can arrange that via email. Our email is lolTourneys@live.com. I hope this helps.

P.S. I am the only person working on this project, so yes it is a one man show for now, but I have the support of GOT GAME?

Shacgster

04-07-2012

Oh and Riot Games has a section where you can fill out a forum and possibly get sponsorship from them, however to get sponsorship it has to be at least a month in advance, so that's why this tournament is not until may 26th, so they have some time to review our tournament. We have received our first email from them yesterday, that's when we started posting information.

Shacgster

04-07-2012

Team Counter Throw and Fluffy Bunnies have signed up for the tournament, only need 14 more for cash prize! Why are you guys waiting? Its free and you win some money!!

Shacgster

04-08-2012

Thanks team FeedTheAfricans for joining the tournament! keep it coming everyone if we get it filled we will be hosting another tournament!

Shacgster

04-08-2012

We are please to announce that we will be using z33k as our tournament host! Once we receive your registration information we will email you with an activation code to enter the tournament.

Shacgster

04-08-2012

We now have 6 teams that have registered!!!! Keep this up! if we fill this tournament, we will be hosting another one two weeks after this one, and top three places get their entry fee waived for the event!

Shacgster

04-08-2012

at the end of the first day of registration, we have seven teams registered! And with even better news we now have a partnership with z33k tournament hosting!!