Open Beta Begins

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zd Rage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2009

i think the new match making system is awesome. all my games (sadly on like 14 since the reset) have been very close.

i have a question about the game though. i know u can preorder and get all that stuff, but do i have to buy the game if i want to play after the beta (i thought i heard it was free, could be very wrong). if so when does this transition from beta to payed for game happen. thanks and great work, i love how far this game has expanded the genre

Opodomus

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
The skins will be coming with the store. We apologize for the delay
Thank you for the reply. I know you're telling us everything you can. I'm sure your top men are working out the kinks as we post.

FellowerOfOdin

10-22-2009

Eh....if the ELO is not going to be reset, it would actually be a lot smarter to quickly create a smurf account, not play it and then stomp new players and get massive IP.

Rail

10-22-2009

the game is free, but there will be a pay option for some of the upgrades. they have to make money somehow to keep the game running...wouldn't you agree?

Jager Zero

10-22-2009

So are those four beta invites I still have useless now?

Klisk

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus View Post
/shudder so many noobs inc
Agreed haha

Xylch

10-22-2009

With the release of Open Beta, does this mean the NDA has been lifted? Can we now post video's and/or screenshot's to places now, or do we still need to wait until the 27th?

MrHoohah

10-22-2009

I don't understand the complaints about incoming noobs. If you're consistently getting matched up with noobs, then you're either not as good as you think you are, or you're teaming yourself up with people who just aren't that good. Keyword: Consistently. The matchmaking system is good, but it sometimes needs to make compromises with the relatively small player pool right now.

JuaniBanaani

10-22-2009

I played 2 games a round where game ended for surrender.

And the reason was that there were new comers and old players mixed up. So none couldn't enjoy the game.
So how the machmaking does take consider closed beta players. Does the old stats stay somewhere?
Now I'm only level 6 but have played about hundred game, Is that counted anymore anywhere?

Its okey for me if the other team is owning, It means they are better, but I cant stand leavers, they spoil everything.

Vanir

10-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuaniBanaani View Post
I played 2 games a round where game ended for surrender.

And the reason was that there were new comers and old players mixed up. So none couldn't enjoy the game.
So how the machmaking does take consider closed beta players. Does the old stats stay somewhere?
Now I'm only level 6 but have played about hundred game, Is that counted anymore anywhere?

Its okey for me if the other team is owning, It means they are better, but I cant stand leavers, they spoil everything.
The ELO is not reset?
Maybe that is just your level.

12345678 ... 11