I keep hearing Jax is bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2010

Jax requires huge ammounts of farming, but, he is deadlier than XinZhao IF farmed (Xin was nerfed hard)

Xin has a strong early to mid game, But Jax (who lacks early game) can overshadow Xin in deep late game If he is farmed.

Jax does not suck, Jax is not bad. But he requieres a lot of farming to be effective.

Judah the Lion

08-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Zafrada View Post
Jax requires huge ammounts of farming, but, he is deadlier than XinZhao IF farmed (Xin was nerfed hard)

Xin has a strong early to mid game, But Jax (who lacks early game) can overshadow Xin in deep late game If he is farmed.

Jax does not suck, Jax is not bad. But he requieres a lot of farming to be effective.
Yeah, well, in that respect, Tryndamere is the best champ in the game, which is strictly false. Being "deadly" when it matters is what counts.

Jax is O.K., but he does suffer from need of farm and melee (Summoner's Rift), but he does get rewarded for simply gaining Dmg/AP items, and plays out the anti-carry carry role well enough.

Right now, play Xin, Garen or Olaf if you want melee damage.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah the Lion View Post
Yeah, well, in that respect, Tryndamere is the best champ in the game, which is strictly false. Being "deadly" when it matters is what counts.

Jax is O.K., but he does suffer from need of farm and melee (Summoner's Rift), but he does get rewarded for simply gaining Dmg/AP items, and plays out the anti-carry carry role well enough.

Right now, play Xin, Garen or Olaf if you want melee damage.
You are right, I think Xin, Garen or Nasus. Olaf IMO suffers the same farm dissease of Jax, when they are ready to go, the game is already over. (sure True damage helps, but he needs farm and items.

Xin, Garen, or Nasus. They are currently one of the three best melee today. IMO. (WW for his jungling and ganking capabilities is pretty good too) and OFC Shaco.

bestice59

08-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoklese View Post
Ive read in many threads that Jax was nerfed too heavily and is not a good hero choice now.

Well ive yet to play him since he hasnt been free, and ive had other 3100 champs ive wanted to buy, and didnt want to take a chance on someone I hadnt tried yet. But ive looked at his skills and he seems like he could be pretty fun.

So my question is.. is Jax worthless now? I dont want to get him and love playing him only to find out that once I hit 30 and start doing ranked games i get owned by players who know what they are doing.
i agree with all of the above
i bought jax remembering him being an op hero to find out he is easily shut down by lets say a ryze or veigar he does however have the potential to take down an entire team if he is being ignored

Dracorya

08-09-2010

Jax pretty much only gets picked now to be a hard counter to other melee dps.

Dezarius

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoklese View Post
Ive read in many threads that Jax was nerfed too heavily and is not a good hero choice now.

Well ive yet to play him since he hasnt been free, and ive had other 3100 champs ive wanted to buy, and didnt want to take a chance on someone I hadnt tried yet. But ive looked at his skills and he seems like he could be pretty fun.

So my question is.. is Jax worthless now? I dont want to get him and love playing him only to find out that once I hit 30 and start doing ranked games i get owned by players who know what they are doing.
Nah - he's not worthless. He IS fun. So, ask yourself: What is fun? Is it just winning? Is it playing a champ you like, and learning him in different match-ups? Is it a middle ground?

If winning is fun, and taking time to really learn a champ is not fun for you, stay away from Jax. If it's more about the ride than the destination, then Jax is an awesome champ! My 2 cents.

Johis

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezarius View Post
Nah - he's not worthless. He IS fun. So, ask yourself: What is fun? Is it just winning? Is it playing a champ you like, and learning him in different match-ups? Is it a middle ground?

If winning is fun, and taking time to really learn a champ is not fun for you, stay away from Jax. If it's more about the ride than the destination, then Jax is an awesome champ! My 2 cents.
I'm pretty sure almost everyone would agree that "fun" is a well-balanced game where neither team steamrolls the other. For this to happen, it generally helps for Jaxx to avoid getting facestomped early game. Any team that knows what they're doing will make exactly that happen, and if it's Xin vs. Jax on melee DPS, Xin will roflostomp for a good while. (Roflostomp the rest of the team, I mean. Not necessarily each other.) Jax catches up after a good deal of farming, but how much will you give up to Xin before that happens? Or a better question: how much will your Jax feed the enemy Annie? !

As others have said, he's a great counter against melee-heavy teams in Draft mode, but picking him blind is kind of silly when there are less situational options. He's a good choice for a pubstomp, though. Woo!

iCerolashx

Recruiter

08-09-2010

imo is only a very good champion in the 3v3 map. thats were team fights dont matter over ganks. since jax can gank easily with his jump and with lizard buff and stuns, he cud easily be a matchmaker in any 3v3 game, but 5v5 he is almost useless because knowing his stun only low ELO players would target him. and aas some1 above mention he is pretty much useless against a good ap champion like annie or veigar